Transfer: Winter 2015-2016 Transfer Window Rumours and discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
QPR's Charlie Austin to Southampton for 4M is done (great deal).

Nolito and Denis Suarez to Barca are also done.

Bazoer turns down a move to Napoli after Ajax agreed to terms. 25M + 25M via bonus' (which were apparently easy to reach) (all in Euros btw).

Not confirmed yet and I doubt both come over

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Some reports suggest inaki will sign an extension before tomorrow's game. Raising his release clause to 70 million. That should put the Liverpool rumours to rest.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Some reports suggest inaki will sign an extension before tomorrow's game. Raising his release clause to 70 million. That should put the Liverpool rumours to rest.

Only one way to find out!

You say it like its a bad thing.

Plato

Nov 12, 2005
New York
Charlie Austin head to Soton for 4 million pounds.
Quite the bargain even with the contract coming to an end.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Doubt we're after Ramsey. Better not be, especially at that price. Good player, but completely unnecessary and I'd rather we looked elsewhere if Lucho feels he needs yet another player.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Doubt we're after Ramsey. Better not be, especially at that price. Good player, but completely unnecessary and I'd rather we looked elsewhere if Lucho feels he needs yet another player.

Serious question, can they actually buy anyone available who would displace anybody in their starting XI? In goal yeah, but everywhere else? I suppose on upgrade on Iniesta?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Serious question, can they actually buy anyone available who would displace anybody in their starting XI? In goal yeah, but everywhere else? I suppose on upgrade on Iniesta?

Iniesta? No way. One CB, one CM, LB and maybe RB. I wouldn't mind a CB if we sold a couple, but we really don't one to make up the numbers and any buy in the other positions would be a luxury buy.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Neuer, Alaba, Aurier and Silva walk into Barca's starting lineup. Someone like Verratti probably as well.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Neuer, Alaba, Aurier and Silva walk into Barca's starting lineup. Someone like Verratti probably as well.

It's not a question of whether they have the best player at every position, but whether they can buy those players. I don't think they can buy any of the players you've listed. Doesn't mean that they can't find other players who will strengthen their team.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Dani Alves is still better than Aurier.

attacking wise.. okay, but Aurier is just a monster all around so I'll disagree

and I agree with DM's post

but, i've read a lot saying rakitic hasn't been as good this season. i don't think it's unrealistic to think they could get one of pogba or verratti to start in place..

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
attacking wise.. okay, but Aurier is just a monster all around so I'll disagree

and I agree with DM's post

but, i've read a lot saying rakitic hasn't been as good this season. i don't think it's unrealistic to think they could get one of pogba or verratti to start in place..

PSG won't sell Verratti. Pogba would be absurdly expensive. Gündogan will probably be available next summer unless he likes Tuchel's playing style enough to change his mind and extend his contract. He's back in top form, too, and seems like he would be well-suited for Lucho. I wouldn't be surprised if Barca go after him next summer. They've been linked to him for a long time it seems.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Some of you need to consider how some of these players would slot in to the team and the tactics. The players mentioned would get it at one point or another, but I don't see an Aurier or a Pogba just slotting in overnight.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
are Barca planning to play Arda on the wings or in midfield? I think they can use a midfielder for sure. My wish is they buy Pogba in the summer, he can start over Rakitic on the spot and he can start slowly taking over Iniesta's reign. It'll cost them 80 millions but I don't think they care.

kmdoom

Sep 19, 2013
alexandria va
are Barca planning to play Arda on the wings or in midfield? I think they can use a midfielder for sure. My wish is they buy Pogba in the summer, he can start over Rakitic on the spot and he can start slowly taking over Iniesta's reign. It'll cost them 80 millions but I don't think they care.

I don't remember ever seeing him actually play CM (not for atleti anyways), but he could do a job if called on ofc. he was bought as cover in case of injuries to anyone of the front or midfield 3 as well as rotation purposes. in his first game in the league he played LW in place of Neymar I think.

If you're trying to relate this to transfers, yeah I would think signing arda would not keep them from buying another midfielder if they felt they needed to.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
PSG won't sell Verratti. Pogba would be absurdly expensive. Gündogan will probably be available next summer unless he likes Tuchel's playing style enough to change his mind and extend his contract. He's back in top form, too, and seems like he would be well-suited for Lucho. I wouldn't be surprised if Barca go after him next summer. They've been linked to him for a long time it seems.

if verratti wants to go, he will go - like any other player. i don't think many players in the world could turn down that chance of playing with MSN. but i could be wrong, and he could be very happy in france. i just think that if he doesn't see a long term future, then he should leave now.

don't think the price of pogba is going to turn off barcelona.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
if verratti wants to go, he will go - like any other player. i don't think many players in the world could turn down that chance of playing with MSN. but i could be wrong, and he could be very happy in france. i just think that if he doesn't see a long term future, then he should leave now.

don't think the price of pogba is going to turn off barcelona.

Nah, sometimes the club can just say no. Verratti is under contract for 3.5 more years and PSG needs money less than Barca.

I guess we'll see if they're ready to pay 80-100M for a (non-forward) player again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad