Confirmed with Link: Winnipeg signs G Laurent Brossoit (1 year, 650k)

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
This gives us 4 pro goalies in the organization. Expecting us to either sign or waiver fish for another one. He'll likely share time with Comrie in the A while Berdin plays in the E.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Well it’s only July 1st amirite...
If this is our guy I wish him well naturally.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
This gives us 4 pro goalies in the organization. Expecting us to either sign or waiver fish for another one. He'll likely share time with Comrie in the A while Berdin plays in the E.
I’m hoping we have a grander plan than Helle and these 3 guys ....

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Ppl are away the salary cap issues are real right? Halak got almost 3 million to backup.. Others have been paid similar. 650 k is a bargain. The right move at this time.

HellebuyckOurSaviour

Apr 8, 2014
Winnipeg
Wow, about a month ago i went onto the Oilers forum and asked what they thought of Brossoit, most said meh but could be a decent goalie. Knew Hutch would be gone, didnt know if we could get rid of Mason's contract, but i dont mind this signing. I think he'll be a decent backup, esp since the oilers had a horrible team last year.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Ppl are away the salary cap issues are real right? Halak got almost 3 million to backup.. Others have been paid similar. 650 k is a bargain. The right move at this time.

The cap issues were foreseeable. There never was a good way to make re-signing both Wheeler + Little work, but Chevy went ahead and signed Bryan for 6 years anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->