Winnipeg Playoff Generosity - Game #3

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
Well...before I get to the purpose of my thread, last night's game was some level of crazy that I did not know existed! Kudos to the boys for sticking to their game and fighting through the ugly 1st. So lucky to be able to witness that live!

One other thing... having read through a bit of the GDT, it's a little bit disheartening to read the "almost" constant negativity coming from some....sheesh.

My story:

Our seats are in a row of 5 that has a single seat beside us that is snapped up by someone different for every game. We got to our seats about 6:10 or so and there was a nice older gentleman in his early 70's I'd say, sitting in that seat talking to another lady behind us. She showed us the 4 signs she had made up, and asked us which she should hold up. The gentleman told us they were there together; she was in the 200's just above where we were sitting. She goes to leave and he says enjoy the game!

I'm pretty chatty, so engaged in conversations with him after she left and he says she's a walking Jet's encyclopedia. She apparently goes to most Jet practices and he engaged in conversations with her and realized she had never been to a 2.0 playoff game. So he said "well you are now!" Exchanged particulars and he bought her a ticket for the game last night! She came down between both intermissions to visit and the smile on her face was priceless. (yes, even after that 1st)

Sounds like the fellow has been through quite a bit over the last year (without going into details) and has decided to pay it forward. Was an honour to be able to sit and chat with him through the game and share a lot of high fives!

The other bonus is that he's not a fan of PK so that makes me like the man even more! He had a sign made up that TN confiscated from him as they felt it would be "offending"?? He had a pic of it and showed us, I can't recall exactly what it said, but both my buddy and I could not see how it would be deemed offending to anyone.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Well...before I get to the purpose of my thread, last night's game was some level of crazy that I did not know existed! Kudos to the boys for sticking to their game and fighting through the ugly 1st. So lucky to be able to witness that live!

One other thing... having read through a bit of the GDT, it's a little bit disheartening to read the "almost" constant negativity coming from some....sheesh.

My story:

Our seats are in a row of 5 that has a single seat beside us that is snapped up by someone different for every game. We got to our seats about 6:10 or so and there was a nice older gentleman in his early 70's I'd say, sitting in that seat talking to another lady behind us. She showed us the 4 signs she had made up, and asked us which she should hold up. The gentleman told us they were there together; she was in the 200's just above where we were sitting. She goes to leave and he says enjoy the game!

I'm pretty chatty, so engaged in conversations with him after she left and he says she's a walking Jet's encyclopedia. She apparently goes to most Jet practices and he engaged in conversations with her and realized she had never been to a 2.0 playoff game. So he said "well you are now!" Exchanged particulars and he bought her a ticket for the game last night! She came down between both intermissions to visit and the smile on her face was priceless. (yes, even after that 1st)

Sounds like the fellow has been through quite a bit over the last year (without going into details) and has decided to pay it forward. Was an honour to be able to sit and chat with him through the game and share a lot of high fives!

The other bonus is that he's not a fan of PK so that makes me like the man even more! He had a sign made up that TN confiscated from him as they felt it would be "offending"?? He had a pic of it and showed us, I can't recall exactly what it said, but both my buddy and I could not see how it would be deemed offending to anyone.

If it was me, the sign would have said...

Punch and
Kick
Subban

And it probably would have been confiscated, too. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad