Toronto
Something similar to this for the logo, plz

Newcastle_falcons_badge.png

Looks more appropriate for a gymnastics club

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
From an inside "source" I have, he is convinced the team is going to still be called the Jets but with a new logo. He even showed me a picture of the alleged new logo and it looks fantastic. He said the team plans on releasing the jersey at the draft, with Cheveldayoff making the announcement.

I hope you're right. Any descriptions of the logo he showed you?

Meichel Kane

My Name Is
Jun 6, 2006
Calling them the Jets is like having a girlfriend for ten years, an amazing relationship, but then she left you for some dude down south. For the next fifteen years, all you think about is her, but then finally get a new girlfriend. Instead of seeing this girlfriend as new, you force the new girlfriend to look, dress and talk like the girlfriend you lost so long ago; even though that same girl, who left you, is still alive and who you still wanted only a few days before you learned this new girl wanted you.

Vertigo%20pic%204.jpg

Eaglepride*

How about the Manitoba Rebels? They refused to be without an NHL team and rebelled their way back (successfully).

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
I'm starting to cool my Jets fever. This seems like such a fresh start, with ownership, arena, fan support and financial stability that completely outclass what the Jets had. I also don't really like the idea that it's all about righting some imaginary wrong from 1995/6, when the evil Bettman conspired with whoever to rob us of "our" Jets (when in fact the economics of the situation made it totally unrealistic to expect the team to stay). Calling them the "Jets" would just associate the team with all that pointless bitterness and make a new beginning seem backward-looking. And they aren't the Jets, anyway.

So despite being a Jets fan since the WHA days, I'm now thinking that a new name would be the best idea. The only reasonable candidate I've heard is "Falcons".

AlexandreBurrows

Mar 17, 2009
Vancouver
the manitoba sasketchewans

then you get all the saskatchewan fans who might have wanted to keep cheering for the oil or flames to convert to the manitoba sasketwan fans

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
It's not the Jets team that left. These are the Atlanta Thrashers. If the Coyotes had moved to Winnipeg, I would think it would be idiotic to name than anything other than the Jets.
I should point out that the Coyotes wouldn't be the Jets that left Winnipeg, either. Aside from Shane Doan, who'd probably retire, or at least ask to be traded, nobody from the original Jets would be a part of the Coyotes. The whole point is that people want "Winnipeg Jets".

These are the paying customers (i.e. tickets and/or pay-TV) who are the financial lifeblood of the business. Remember how people wanted small cars, but Chrysler and GM kept pumping out big monstrosities? Didn't turn out very well.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
These are the paying customers (i.e. tickets and/or pay-TV) who are the financial lifeblood of the business. Remember how people wanted small cars, but Chrysler and GM kept pumping out big monstrosities? Didn't turn out very well.

The difference being that if you wanted a small car, you could go buy one of the many alternatives. If you want a car(NHL team), and the only car available is a monstrosity (Lets call them the Falcons) then you would buy that car.

People on mass will accept an alternative name. I can't stress enough- People have waited for the return of the NHL not the return of the jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad