Proposal: Winnipeg Jets Wiki Site

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Hey guys so I've been trying to update the quick links guide but it's tough to do with the formatting tools we have and make it look neat and compiled. So I was thinking of creating a Winnipeg Jets wiki site to compile useful links and info about the team and players. Maybe try to delve into the history of the Jets and make a place that compiles all things Jets in a nice little spot with lots of player info and links.

Would anyone be interested in helping with a project like that? It would be constantly ongoing and would require some effort to get up and running but I think it would be a cool little place to help people find information and obviously it would link back to here quite often so we may gain some new fans in the process. It's a big undertaking for one person, so I don't think I can do it alone. And I definitely would need some Jets history buffs and people with knowledge of the city and it's history as well being as I'm not from Winnipeg.

Reactions: PhilJets

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
Hey guys so I've been trying to update the quick links guide but it's tough to do with the formatting tools we have and make it look neat and compiled. So I was thinking of creating a Winnipeg Jets wiki site to compile useful links and info about the team and players. Maybe try to delve into the history of the Jets and make a place that compiles all things Jets in a nice little spot with lots of player info and links.

Would anyone be interested in helping with a project like that? It would be constantly ongoing and would require some effort to get up and running but I think it would be a cool little place to help people find information and obviously it would link back to here quite often so we may gain some new fans in the process. It's a big undertaking for one person, so I don't think I can do it alone. And I definitely would need some Jets history buffs and people with knowledge of the city and it's history as well being as I'm not from Winnipeg.
You're a great jets fan. And an honorary winnipeger.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
yep. then his ego took over. he thinks he was a key component to the Jets coming back to Wpg. calls himself "Jets King". pretty much insufferable on social media.
Yeah. I loved Jetsowner and what he provided while the Jets were gone...but the ego on social media is tough to handle.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
yep. then his ego took over. he thinks he was a key component to the Jets coming back to Wpg. calls himself "Jets King". pretty much insufferable on social media.

I definitely don't want to be the "Jets King" haha. Just want to provide the awesome community we have here with up do date and relevant information about our favourite team, it's player and it's prospects. I think I'll get a Patreon or something going to help fund it as a website like that is probably going to cost anywhere from $140 to $250 a year to maintain. First year start up is pretty easy though should be under $100.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
I came across Curtis Walker's Winnipeg Jets Memorial Site around 2002. It has to be, by far, the best Jets 1.0 site around:

Winnipeg Jets Memorial Site

Not sure if there is anything that compares to this site, when it comes to Jets 2.0 history, but it would be awesome if someone could make a 2.0 site. I was a member of Jetsowner.com for years, but around 2009, it seemed to start to focus more on the site owner then the team itself.

Reactions: Daximus

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
So I have a basic set up so far. Will be doing some more work on it throughout the coming days.

My main plan is to get some articles up about the templates and styles I want to use to edit player articles so others can help and know what to do to keep it looking the same on all pages. Spice up the main page with some graphics, injury information area and hopefully embed some sort of live statistics and game information if possible. Next I'll start in on all the current Jets players, then move on to prospects and then I plan on adding the record books. I'll probably go pretty deep with that so it'll look cool when it's done. I'll have to see what kinds of things I can and cannot use but since this is a non-profit fan site I doubt that I can't use much. After all the current stuff is done I'll want to start in on past Jets 2.0, then eventually work my way to Jets 1.0 and WHA years stuff. From then on it will be all about keeping things updated. Templates make this really easy and hopefully I get a few others on board who will put in some time to help keep things flowing. This wiki is going to include a lot of stuff from here so think of it as HFJets own personal wiki.

FiveHoled

Jul 2, 2016
West Coast
Daximus : I may not be as knowledgeable about the Jets as some of the people on this site and clearly do not have the creative skills as others like Mud Turtle and Zhamm's5goals, but would love to help you with this effort, in any way I could be of assistance. PM me if needed.

I updated Kyle Connor just now, I might suggest that people from these boards stake a claim to a specific player, and then they mange that profile, at your discretion? Might be a good way to get content created. Wuddya think?

Last edited:
Reactions: Daximus

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Daximus : I may not be as knowledgeable about the Jets as some of the people on this site and clearly do not have the creative skills as others like Mud Turtle and Zhamm's5goals, but would love to help you with this effort, in any way I could be of assistance. PM me if needed.

I updated Kyle Connor just now, I might suggest that people from these boards stake a claim to a specific player, and then they mange that profile, at your discretion? Might be a good way to get content created. Wuddya think?

Awesome. I'll clean it up a bit and get all the info boxes and templates in there.

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
I came across Curtis Walker's Winnipeg Jets Memorial Site around 2002. It has to be, by far, the best Jets 1.0 site around:

Winnipeg Jets Memorial Site

Not sure if there is anything that compares to this site, when it comes to Jets 2.0 history, but it would be awesome if someone could make a 2.0 site. I was a member of Jetsowner.com for years, but around 2009, it seemed to start to focus more on the site owner then the team itself.

Lots of good info on Curtis Walker's site (found it years ago as well) but he is one bitter person. He used to mock and ridicule anyone who thought the NHL coming back was realistic and seems to actually hate Jets 2.0.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Lots of good info on Curtis Walker's site (found it years ago as well) but he is one bitter person. He used to mock and ridicule anyone who thought the NHL coming back was realistic and seems to actually hate Jets 2.0.
I noticed that too. Not sure what he has against Chipman and True North, but the FAQ section is "interesting" to say the least.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I noticed that too. Not sure what he has against Chipman and True North, but the FAQ section is "interesting" to say the least.

old.jpg

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Looks like a good base, should become a solid wiki :nod:

Yeah I'm just working on player articles right now. Only current guys. Wit a heavy emphasis on their history as Jets and a quick blurb about other places. For instance for Buff I'm not going into to much detail about his time before the Jets but with the Jets will be another story.

I plan on having 3 distinct sections of history. Jets 2.0, Jets/Thrashers Franchise (for those that came over as fans from Atlanta), Jets 1.0 and the WHA Jets. Each section will go into as much detail as possible.

If anyone has any old pictures laying around and want them put on the site let me know. But be warned that they will fall under a creative commons license once they are put on there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad