Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Kosmachuk 1.49 ppg
Lipon 1.46 ppg
Spacek 1.44 ppg
Lemieux 1.38 ppg
Lowry 1.22 ppg
Harkins 1.13 ppg

I still like Harkin's odds though. He has the kind of size and play style that coaches and GMs crave. That said, I wouldn't bet on an imoact roll. Best case is a two-way bottom-six forwards.

Yup, I wouldn't bet on it. I think Deleo was right up there too.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Cmon avco. I don't have to tell you his point totals have been disappointing, and that players with higher point totals translate better to NHL.

Not every player who scores makes it. Not every player who doesn't fails. All it deals with is probability. You seem so absolute. You seem to be saying he didn't score enough so he can't possibly make it.

BTW I think he scored enough in the role he was used on his team.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Not every player who scores makes it. Not every player who doesn't fails. All it deals with is probability. You seem so absolute. You seem to be saying he didn't score enough so he can't possibly make it.

BTW I think he scored enough in the role he was used on his team.

You seem absolute too. Anyhow, let's agree to disagree.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
You seem absolute too. Anyhow, let's agree to disagree.

No I'm not actually. I am far from certain he will make it. Go back and read what I said. I used terms like "I would not be surprised"

I just disagreed with the meme that he is already a failure

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
No I'm not actually. I am far from certain he will make it. Go back and read what I said. I used terms like "I would not be surprised"

I just disagreed with the meme that he is already a failure

Okay. I don't THINK he will be an NHL regular. I never said he's already a failure. I'm just not as high on him as some of you.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Kosmachuk 1.49 ppg
Lipon 1.46 ppg
Spacek 1.44 ppg
Lemieux 1.38 ppg
De Leo 1.25 ppg
Lowry 1.22 ppg
Genarro 1.16 ppg
Harkins 1.13 ppg

I still like Harkin's odds though. He has the kind of size and play style that coaches and GMs crave. That said, I wouldn't bet on an imoact roll. Best case is a two-way bottom-six forwards.

I still think point production should be adjusted to team production, icetime, etc. Harkins scored very well compared to his team, even though his point totals weren't great. Ladd had the same issue... low point totals, but still highest on his team by a fair margin.

Harkins has potential. His main constraint is skating and pace of play, but I've seen substantial improvements in those areas over the past couple of seasons.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I still think point production should be adjusted to team production, icetime, etc. Harkins scored very well compared to his team, even though his point totals weren't great. Ladd had the same issue... low point totals, but still highest on his team by a fair margin.

Harkins has potential. His main constraint is skating and pace of play, but I've seen substantial improvements in those areas over the past couple of seasons.

PG also chose to spread the scoring over three lines for the most part

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
For his 18 year old season I think there were some pretty legitimate indicators that luck and usage accounted into his lower production. I haven't dug deep into the numbers for this past season yet but I'm not sure that's as much the case here.. I still like him fine as a prospect and prediction is anything but destiny but I really would have preferred to see something more production-wise out of Harkins this past season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad