Winnipeg Jets Top 20 Prospect Rankings (2013 edition) - #10

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Here's where things get crazy. The next polls are going to be all over the place.

Thought about going with Telegin, but I went with Lipon instead. I think Lipon could work out as a top 6 complimentary player, but he can also work out as a bottom 6er as well. So far Telegin has the size, but his game doesn't suit the bottom 6. So at this point he needs to work on that part of his game or be top 6 or bust.

Add Copp.

He won't get votes for awhile, but I just wanted to point out what a steal of a 6th round pick Ryan Olsen is turning out to be. I always forget he was a 6th rounder and he seems to be producing and developing quite quickly.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Went with our Jimmy Lodge. USA Today had him rated the second best American prospect behind Seth Jones. From what else I've read on various sites is that on many of them he was considered the best sleeper pick in the draft.

We will learn a ton about him next year. Copp too.

They both came out of nowhere and went nuts to close out their seasons.

If they can sustain their late season runs we may have nabbed a couple gems, but there is some pretty bust potential there in both cases.

Hopefully they rip it up and both make team USA at the juniors.

pcanuck

Jun 6, 2011
Edmonton
We should start with #1 rather than #10.... and define what we're talking about - best potential...

I'm excluding Postma and Redmond because they have played several games in the NHL already. They should be depth players for us immediately.

I assume 1/2 could be flip flopped but there is a good chance that both will be contributors this fall.

1. Mark Scheifele
- played lots of JR, Jr. Championships, good under pressure

2. Jacob Trouba
- played NCAA for 1 yr, needs a little weight, looked really good at worlds and jrs

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I think Kuda does not have a long term future with Jets........ as he has only played 15 NHL games.........unless he plays at least 65 Nhl games with the Jets this year 2013/14, he will become a Group 6 UFA next july at the age of 25...........

I currently rate him as our # 4 D on LHD (enstrom.Clitsome,Stuart) and he is not signed to a Nhl contract and will prob head back to KHL......... If we do sign him to a 1 yr contract ..... its 30/70 he would play in 65 or more NHL games and he is then a UFA after this season.

If the Jets are sold on him as a valuable asset..... they should sign him to a 2 yr 1 way deal and that way he would stay within the Jets control for the next three yrs........ as he would still be a RFA for 1 more year after his 2 yr deal is completed......... I don't think the Jets value him enough to do this

I see a lot of people here having a man crush on him just like Machecek, Maxwell and Yuen......... Maxwell and Yuen are currently unsigned UFAS and Machecek will probably clear waivers this year again in October........

HERES HOPING kULDA DOESNT MAKE OUR TOP 20........... as I would prefer to debate our ELCs/St Johns players and 2010-2013 draft pics .....:nod:...IMHO

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
We should start with #1 rather than #10.... and define what we're talking about - best potential...

I'm excluding Postma and Redmond because they have played several games in the NHL already. They should be depth players for us immediately.

I assume 1/2 could be flip flopped but there is a good chance that both will be contributors this fall.

1. Mark Scheifele
- played lots of JR, Jr. Championships, good under pressure

2. Jacob Trouba
- played NCAA for 1 yr, needs a little weight, looked really good at worlds and jrs

We did start with number one. Check out the first post to see the links.

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
We will learn a ton about him next year. Copp too.

They both came out of nowhere and went nuts to close out their seasons.

If they can sustain their late season runs we may have nabbed a couple gems, but there is some pretty bust potential there in both cases.

Hopefully they rip it up and both make team USA at the juniors.

Really agree with this, if both are getting the same minutes and putting up similar/better production than they were in the second half of last season they're going to jump up charts pretty quick.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
If the Jets are sold on him as a valuable asset..... they should sign him to a 2 yr 1 way deal and that way he would stay within the Jets control for the next three yrs........ as he would still be a RFA for 1 more year after his 2 yr deal is completed......... I don't think the Jets value him enough to do this

That's not how it works.

If Kulda is signed to a 2 year deal, then does not appear in 65 games over the next two seasons, he is still a Group VI UFA after two seasons. Group VI UFA is not specific at age 25, it just starts at age 25.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario

We already started at #1.

If you view the forums you can see the previous polls and in the OP of this post you can see the previous results.

Edit: Actually the OP linked the previous results, no search required. :D

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
That's not how it works.

If Kulda is signed to a 2 year deal, then does not appear in 65 games over the next two seasons, he is still a Group VI UFA after two seasons. Group VI UFA is not specific at age 25, it just starts at age 25.

I agree with your statement........ I was just assuming over a 2 year one way deal 65 games should be attainable...(other wise why sign him) and on a 1 year 1 way deal I guessed it would be 30% chance to get to 65 games...... as I placed him as 4 th on our LHD depth behind Enstrom/Clitsome and Stuart.......

My main focus is unless the Jets put some faith into and get behind Kulda right now he is going to be a UFA next July.........

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I agree with your statement........ I was just assuming over a 2 year one way deal 65 games should be attainable...(other wise why sign him) and on a 1 year 1 way deal I guessed it would be 30% chance to get to 65 games...... as I placed him as 4 th on our LHD depth behind Enstrom/Clitsome and Stuart.......

My main focus is unless the Jets put some faith into and get behind Kulda right now he is going to be a UFA next July.........

Fair enough :laugh:

This is the main reason I HATE the Clitsome signing. Clitsome is a #6 parading as a top 4. Chevy should either have gotten a LEGITIMATE top 4 defender, or rolled the dice with Kulda at LD with Bogo, or Postma, Redmond, Trouba playing RD with Bogo moving to LD on second pairing, and spent that 2 million on Grabo/Roy in UFA. Clitsome signing was the worst of both worlds, taking 2 million away for nothing more than what we already have. Urgh!

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Maybe I should have been more clear. Someone that has played in the NHL and shown an ability to keep him there. Yet people want to vote for a guy that ATM is the flashier choice.

I find it laughably short sighted that people put so much weight on a 25 year old's cup of coffee in the NHL when he is measured against guys who are six or seven years younger and would have no possible opportunity to sniff the NHL yet.

My vote has nothing to do with flash, newness or whatever else you imply by that - everything to do with who I believe has the best chance to contribute positively to the organization, regardless of what stage of his hockey life cycle he is at on July 10, 2013.

You can't argue the fact that there are at least half a dozen players still on the list hold more value in NHL circles than the guy who recently cleared waivers without a sniff from 29 other teams.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad