Speculation: Winnipeg Jets to get 3rd Jersey next season - with a new logo

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
People also buy a lot of Bud Light beer...
2vjq5pxf209y.gif

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Like the Heritage Classic jerseys? TNSE gave us a Heritage Classic jersey. For sure there are going to be more runs of them, there are plenty in circulation, and you will see them on the ice again.
Yeah, like only once this season.

It's about the bucks. The heritage jersey is widely loved by fans past and present and by Winnipeggers and people from other cities. However, they already sold a bunch, so it's time to move on to another jersey to attract people's dollars. I'm just a little perturbed that I spent a lot of money on a fantastic looking heritage classic jersey that the team almost never wore.

Meanwhile, the lazy, safe, minimilist design of the "third" jersey is what has gotten under people's skin. For me, the jersey is 90 per cent great. It's that missing 10 per cent that really, really hurts it.

If True North wants to listen to its fans, they will retire the current jerseys and replace them with the heritage classic jerseys. Then, they will have to come up with a blue design for home games. Then fans will have to spend more money on those. It's a win-win.

Reactions: Guardian17

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Our home games are gonna look so weird. You are going to get the bunch that will wear the normal home jersey, then you will get the bunch that will wear the HC jersey, then you will get a bunch wearing the new 3rd jersey. At least in the playoffs everyone looks the same.

There's also a fair bunch of people who wear classic Jerseys, its not a ton but I see a fair amount of 80s and 90s jerseys out and about

But then there's always those random people who wear the jersey of a team that isn't even playing :laugh:

BobEssensa

Jun 16, 2011
For those of us who do like the jersey, they have them on Sport Chek......AND......it's friends and family sale right now, so it is 30% off if you buy online. Just use the FF18CHEK promo code.

They have a blank authentic and Laine authentic. Blank comes out to $140 and the Laine comes out to $175.

If you sign up for their newsletter, you can get a 10% off code which stacks on the discount.

Use ebates and get 6% back for more savings.

You're welcome

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
For those of us who do like the jersey, they have them on Sport Chek......AND......it's friends and family sale right now, so it is 30% off if you buy online. Just use the FF18CHEK promo code.

They have a blank authentic and Laine authentic. Blank comes out to $140 and the Laine comes out to $175.

If you sign up for their newsletter, you can get a 10% off code which stacks on the discount.

You're welcome

Kudos for this. I just picked mine up at lunch.

JordyRamone

May 27, 2011
Brandon MB

You're welcome
Something is goofy with it. Its saying its a fanatics jersey which are the cheaper ones that should sell for 190 with name and numbers. Sportscheck has it for 250 which should be the adidas "authentic" style. I went to a sportscheck earlier this week and they had a authentic in store for 250. Weird. I will wait till i go to a game to pick mine up

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
In between periods at the game on Monday my wife picked up a new 3rd at the Jets gear store. I have to admit I like it a lot more IRL than I did in the first couple of pictures online. I may trade her for my HC. :)

thejaf7

Mar 21, 2010

You're welcome

Is the sport chek jerseys the same as the adizero jerseys?

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
So the flames 3rd jersey is the exact same template as the Aviator jersey, and yet no outrage

Calgary's 3rd jersey is more or less a replica of the Atlanta Flames dating back to the 1973-74 season and carried forward through the move to Calgary in 1980. The design and colors are the same whereas the Jets Aviator jersey is not a replica of any previous Jets jersey but rather a similar design of those used from 1990-96. The color is totally different and the logo was never used before. That would explain why there was no outrage in Calgary (the jersey was from the past) compared to Winnipeg (completely different colors and logo and the design was not the same as that of the original). To compare, what Calgary has done with their thirds is equivalent to the Jets going with the Heritage Classic jerseys.

:jets

BobEssensa

Jun 16, 2011
Something is goofy with it. Its saying its a fanatics jersey which are the cheaper ones that should sell for 190 with name and numbers. Sportscheck has it for 250 which should be the adidas "authentic" style. I went to a sportscheck earlier this week and they had a authentic in store for 250. Weird. I will wait till i go to a game to pick mine up

The ones on the site are authentics made by Adidas.

Reactions: purdy44

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
So the flames 3rd jersey is the exact same template as the Aviator jersey, and yet no outrage
It's a retro jersey - their "new" third is their dark jersey/logo from the 80s.

one_teamFlames89_06.jpg

It would be like if the Jets just rolled out their 80s jerseys as a 3rd. People would probably love it.

cut.jpg

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG

You're welcome

Humph.

The jersey looks much better with a name and number. But the only name they have is Laine - and I already have a Laine jersey!

But seriously, thanks for the info.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad