Speculation: Winnipeg Jets to get 3rd Jersey next season - with a new logo

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
The top one is actually not too far off. The white stripes are actually thick bands

The logo on the jersey I saw did not have the 'Winnipeg' in the flare of the S, as a matter of fact, I don't recall seeing the flare at all, the s just swooped out. Not sure if I somehow missed it when trying to remember, or if it's a late edit to it.
I posted this from icethetics.co a while back. If it looks like this, I'd be mostly pleased.

dvst8r

Aug 18, 2011
The top one is actually not too far off. The white stripes are actually thick bands

The logo on the jersey I saw did not have the 'Winnipeg' in the flare of the S, as a matter of fact, I don't recall seeing the flare at all, the s just swooped out. Not sure if I somehow missed it when trying to remember, or if it's a late edit to it.

You are right. From what I've seen, there is no Winnipeg in the swoosh.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I posted this from icethetics.co a while back. If it looks like this, I'd be mostly pleased.

Yeah this is pretty solid. I'm concerned about a jersey where the blue is too light, but in this concept the hints of dark blue balance it out nicely.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg

Yeah this is pretty solid. I'm concerned about a jersey where the blue is too light, but in this concept the hints of dark blue balance it out nicely.

The icethetics concept doesn't look too bad. The color scheme almost appears to be blue, black and white. I'm not sure about that logo though as the smaller circle with the jet airplane looks out of place. Other than that I like the overall design of the uniform. I'm always pleased when I don't see a shoulder yoke that runs down the length of the arm.

:jets

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg

I like the color scheme. I wouldn't mind getting rid of the circle actually (the big one). Don't get me wrong; I love circles. Big fan of circles. Symmetry is good and all that jazz. We've always had a circular logo in our NHL days.

But it would be nice to diverge from that for once. Circle fatigue.

Reactions: RedBar and Spock

Mighty Joe Moon

Jun 5, 2011
Lockport

Saw this floating around the ether. This seems to be most in line with Jet's description. Unless my comprehension is out the window. I have not seen his hand drawing. And I did not create this.

Reactions: Laine Fan

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno

Saw this floating around the ether. This seems to be most in line with Jet's description. Unless my comprehension is out the window. I have not seen his hand drawing. And I did not create this.

that's not that far off, from what i understand/recall.
unsure about the neckline or the hockey shorts' colour. rest looks pretty legit.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg

Not bad but I hope they have some kind of stripe around the socks. Maybe it was just overlooked.

JordyRamone

May 27, 2011
Brandon MB
Wow, seeing these as 3D mock ups makes me like this concept a lot more. Will look sharp with white lettering and numbers. I wish they added a round logo like Danny did. A+ stuff Mr Gallivan

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
thought the numbers had a black edge around them also

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

I don't know if i like these or not , Heritage jersey and pants were so good it's hard to get pumped about these . One thing about it though is it makes a great statement to opposing teams , when you play the Jets , your going to get black and blue !! :naughty:

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
I don't know if i like these or not , Heritage jersey and pants were so good it's hard to get pumped about these . One thing about it though is it makes a great statement to opposing teams , when you play the Jets , your going to get black and blue !! :naughty:

The good news is that the Jets will still be wearing the HC jerseys a few times this year. I suppose they want to make a few extra $$$ with the new 3rds this year and that's okay I guess. TNSE may be banking on them selling well in this market and perhaps they'll be right since the fans here support their team very well. However, I'm not sure if the new 3rds will receive the rave reviews outside of our market like the HC uniforms did.

MosTLucky

May 25, 2016
Is there for sure going to be no red on the jerseys? Just asking because my buddy works for TRUE and they just made gloves for Buff that had red on the cuff. I haven't seen a picture or anything so take it for what its worth. They could just be making more heritage gloves as well.

Last edited:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
This is the closest I've seen yet.

Then I'm almost certainly going to hate it. They've had 7 years to dream up a 3rd jersey and this is the best concept they could come up with? The 3rd jersey is an opportunity to maybe go a little "out there", although that too has its own risks. See Bombers signature uniforms from a couple of years ago. The more I look at this, the more I want to take a nap. This is just so safe, so uninspiring. I predict the Jets will lose every game they play wearing these because they suck the life out of the players.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
The good news is that the Jets will still be wearing the HC jerseys a few times this year. I suppose they want to make a few extra $$$ with the new 3rds this year and that's okay I guess. TNSE may be banking on them selling well in this market and perhaps they'll be right since the fans here support their team very well. However, I'm not sure if the new 3rds will receive the rave reviews outside of our market like the HC uniforms did.

I would be so happy if they did, the HC jerseys are beautiful.

Reactions: Jet

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Then I'm almost certainly going to hate it. They've had 7 years to dream up a 3rd jersey and this is the best concept they could come up with? The 3rd jersey is an opportunity to maybe go a little "out there", although that too has its own risks. See Bombers signature uniforms from a couple of years ago. The more I look at this, the more I want to take a nap. This is just so safe, so uninspiring. I predict the Jets will lose every game they play wearing these because they suck the life out of the players.

To each their own. I really dislike our primaries and think this is a step up *shrugs*

I also like the subtle way they have managed to capture every iteration of Winnipeg Jets jersey throughout history. They don't shove it in your face, its nuanced.

I won't know if I really like it until:
- I see the jersey together with pants, gloves, helmet socks and letters/ numbers
- I see them in-game.

Reactions: purdy44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->