Prospect Info: Winnipeg Jets select Skyler McKenzie with the #198 pick

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
This is exactly the type of player that should be chosen in the 7th round.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
He more than tripled his point production from 15-16 to 16-17. Looks very decent.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
More Matt Ustaski, please.

JK

I really like getting Cody Glass' running mate in the 7th. Great place to roll the dice on a boom or a bust.

Luck of Duck

Jan 20, 2013
Liking it. It's like Chevy giving a hint to PoMo just how close he is getting to being fired. "See, I drafted non-LARGE, skilled CENTRE - u got that, Paul hmm?"

Yeah right. Back to the real world, just the type of draftee you should pick on 7th - overager with potentially high payoff if cracks NHL level. Better than drating "some tall dude"

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
That's a massive jump in production. Would love to know what happened to cause that.
Well I saw everyone of Skyler's games
last two years, it has a great deal to do with Cody Glass and also getting more
playing time on the top line. Cody was setting up and Skyler was the finisher.

They both gained a lot more confidence when Mike Johnston came back and took over from Jamie Kompon. I think he is a very long shot to crack the Jets but the good
news is they will be playing together again under Johnston. He has some speed and is a reasonable finisher.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Hey you got your WHL Jet prospect to follow now, hey should be making numerous trips to Vancouver next season :)

Looking forward to it. I might even check out Portland for a home game. It's like driving to Regina.

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
4400IQN.png

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Well I saw everyone of Skyler's games
last two years, it has a great deal to do with Cody Glass and also getting more
playing time on the top line. Cody was setting up and Skyler was the finisher.

They both gained a lot more confidence when Mike Johnston came back and took over from Jamie Kompon. I think he is a very long shot to crack the Jets but the good
news is they will be playing together again under Johnston. He has some speed and is a reasonable finisher.

Well, that certainly makes me feel confident in our coaching staff. Was Kompon considered a bad coach there? Friction with the players? What's the story there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->