Prospect Info: Winnipeg Jets select Santeri Virtanen:#105 Overall

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
probably said already, but would a Vancouver/Winnipeg Virtanen pole be allowed on the main boards or would that be bad form.

Perhaps after the U20s?

What is that supposed to do for anyone? I mean let's assume it's actually for discussing which one is better... how are you supposed to compare them with one guy just having been drafted from the finnish junior system and the other guy having been drafted mutliple years ago, coming from the canadian junior leagues.

:dunno:

Makes absolutely no sense.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Cool! I couldn't find a list of the jersey numbers but he has used #22

This is like a training camp and they'll be selecting the players for the Summer showcase in Plymouth.
Vesalainen, Heiskanen, Tolvanen and some others have not been playing at all, I assume they're locks
Any thoughts on the game?

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
probably said already, but would a Vancouver/Winnipeg Virtanen pole be allowed on the main boards or would that be bad form.

Perhaps after the U20s?

There already was a NYI-CAR proposal to trade Sebastian Aho for some 2018 picks.

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Now in his third season with SaiPa - hard to see him receiving an ELC or is there more to his game than meets the eye?

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Now in his third season with SaiPa - hard to see him receiving an ELC or is there more to his game than meets the eye?
I like his battle and defensive game, but you'd definitely like to see more offensively with him playing top 6 in Liiga.

Reactions: hn777

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
Lots to work on, and they compare him to Jori Lehtera. In one of the other threads, in a discussion about the trade that sent Lehtera to the Pens, Lehtera was described as, IIRC, garbage. For what it's worth.

Well, Lehterä was/is a very crafty player with great passing and high IQ, who scored 44 points in his first NHL season. But he was very slow on his skates even when still playing good hockey, way too slow for modern NHL I'd say. That's without getting into the stuff outside hockey... But being compared to Lehterä could be a high compliment, as long as it's because of skill/style/hockey smarts.

As for the player itself, a pick in the 100ths, I think it might be safe to assume he has some kinks to iron before being ready for a top-6 role :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad