Prospect Info: Winnipeg Jets select Arvid Holm #167 Overall

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
The one thing that sticks out to me is St. Croix recommended that Chevy pick this kid. He found us Connor Hellebuyck when nobody else really knew who he was. This kid was also unranked. Here's hoping he becomes a decent goaltender.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
The one thing that sticks out to me is St. Croix recommended that Chevy pick this kid. He found us Connor Hellebuyck when nobody else really knew who he was. This kid was also unranked. Here's hoping he becomes a decent goaltender.

From what I gathered, it was more our Swedish scout (Kjell Dahlin I think) who liked what he saw in Holm, so they sent a few scouts over to check him out, and then had St. Croix watch videos of him. St. Croix seemed to have final say, but our Swedish scout found Holm.

Reactions: Duke749

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
From what I gathered, it was more our Swedish scout (Kjell Dahlin I think) who liked what he saw in Holm, so they sent a few scouts over to check him out, and then had St. Croix watch videos of him. St. Croix seemed to have final say, but our Swedish scout found Holm.

Speaking of whom, why can't you Swedes spell shell like normal folk? You could learn something from the Finns, who believe in, what you see is what you say. ;)

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
So is Poolman. He still came. I have to think there is more to dev camp than the on ice portion.

Sure, but with development camp announced in such short order, I'm not going to put too much stock into a prospect not showing up. We don't know the extenuating circumstances surrounding it, other than the Jets being inauspiciously coy about Berdin of being there. He wasn't there, so I'm not going to waste the energy trying to vilify him for it.

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
So is Poolman. He still came. I have to think there is more to dev camp than the on ice portion.

It's a lot easier to come to Winnipeg from Grand Forks than it is from Russia.

That said. I wish we knew what his injury is. He posted pictures on instagram of him and his girlfriend and another one of him in a wetsuit around draft day/day dev camp started.

Reactions: Moe Mantha and DRC

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
It's a lot easier to come to Winnipeg from Grand Forks than it is from Russia.

That said. I wish we knew what his injury is. He posted pictures on instagram of him and his girlfriend and another one of him in a wetsuit around draft day/day dev camp started.

Windsurfing injury? Shark bite? The bends? Enigmatic Russian Syndrome?

His interview suggested he was happy to be in NA, and with the Jets org. Hopefully that continues to be the case going forward. I really like his game.

Reactions: John Agar

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Wouldn’t be surprised if he surpasses Berdin and is ready if Comrie fails to solidify the backup role.

I say this as a big fan of Berdin. He’s very exciting to watch and seems to be quite the character.

Reactions: hn777

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Good to hear. I like the idea of having a steady supply of later round goaltending picks in the pipe line.

To me it just seems wise to always be looking for one every year and perhaps draft one every two years or so. It’s literally one position where if you hit a home run on, you got your main guy for 5-10 years. I think we’re handling this perfectly as long as we have Helly.

Reactions: ps241

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->