Confirmed with Link: Winnipeg Jets Re-Sign Nathan Beaulieu - 1 Year - $1M

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Well you have to have guys in case of injuries because there usually isn’t much room to work if you have a couple of injuries to your defense. And that goes for most teams around the league.

Your bust comment seems kinda irrelevant and inaccurate at this point. Don’t think anyone is expecting a whole lot from him regardless.

I would say now that even our lowered expectations aren't being met.

Reactions: blues10 and Jets 31

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
The way he turned the puck over last game that lead to a goal didn’t look good on him. It looked like a low confidence play. Hope he rebounds.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Since returning from injury this season he has really struggled.

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England
He can chuck the mitts and play decent defence. Would love him on Toronto. I got Lasik eye surgery in the same clinic as him lol.

Edit: my bad guys, thought this was the main forum. Too much to drink. Happy holidays

For a moment there I though it was the lasik that was to blame and not the drinks. Would explain some things. :D

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Since returning from injury this season he has really struggled.

He is Jekyll and Hyde. I think the biggest issue is that he is often playing his offside now. And that's because he's identified as better than Bitetto at it. When he was paired with Sbisa I thought it was a strong pairing, as Sbisa plays his offside pretty seamless. Kulikov, Beaulieu, Bitetto have all struggled with this. I'd be curious if the hockey people can identify a skating weakness that these 3 share. Bring Buff back in the lineup and nobody has to play their offside. Kulikov returning would also stabilize some things.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
He is Jekyll and Hyde. I think the biggest issue is that he is often playing his offside now. And that's because he's identified as better than Bitetto at it. When he was paired with Sbisa I thought it was a strong pairing, as Sbisa plays his offside pretty seamless. Kulikov, Beaulieu, Bitetto have all struggled with this. I'd be curious if the hockey people can identify a skating weakness that these 3 share. Bring Buff back in the lineup and nobody has to play their offside. Kulikov returning would also stabilize some things.

I'm not sure if it's a skating weakness per say, but when you play your off side, everything is different. you've repeated the same pivots and plays so many times one way that your muscle memory is strong, but if you don't play your off side often enough, you don't get that muscle memory. There are also other things like pulling the puck off the boards is more awkward and takes a second longer to get proper control to make a play, which is an eternity in the NHL.

I've never liked playing my off side. It just feels uncomfortable, and I'd bet for someone who has to be at peak performance to hit the baseline, that drags them down enough to not hit that delta (Bitteto). With Bealieu, it's all mental - so I'd imagine playing his off side and being uncomfortable tanks his confidence.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad