Seuss
Connor*
Foley
Appleton
Samberg**
Kovacevic**
Evingson**
Smith***

* Max pushed for him but that high of a pick has a bit of everyone involved.
** Not sure who drove the boat more of those 3 between Max and Dan Shrader. I think Evingson may have been more Shrader. I’m sure they work together lots on them though.
*** Shrader I think was the guy who really pushed for Smith.

Patterns I notice:
- a lot of overagers
- guys who can skate
- big, mobile defenders
- a lot of these players are guys who didn’t score that well but developed into scorers

I always thought Roslovic was his guy too, though I cannot remember why I thought that. Maybe I just assumed all USHL, USNTDP and NAHL guys were a result of Geise.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
From what I heard, Roslovic, Stanley, and Cederholm are all driven by the same person.

Note: In scouting you often have many people supporting the same player. Players aren't truly "one guy's pick." But, you often have one driving force behind.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Was coming to post that article on Max Giese so I am glad everyone is in the loop and is conversing on it.

Reactions: Mathil8

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Copp
Poolman
Seuss
Connor*
Foley
Appleton
Samberg**
Kovacevic**
Evingson**
Smith***

* Max pushed for him but that high of a pick has a bit of everyone involved.
** Not sure who drove the boat more of those 3 between Max and Dan Shrader. I think Evingson may have been more Shrader. I’m sure they work together lots on them though.
*** Shrader I think was the guy who really pushed for Smith.

Patterns I notice:
- a lot of overagers
- guys who can skate
- big, mobile defenders
- a lot of these players are guys who didn’t score that well but developed into scorers

EDIT: I should note there are 2 others beyond Shrader who do US scouting, but I don't know enough about them to know their input.

From what I heard, Roslovic, Stanley, and Cederholm are all driven by the same person.

Note: In scouting you often have many people supporting the same player. Players aren't truly "one guy's pick." But, you often have one driving force behind.

I hope people realize that while I do know some things this is educated guesses from things I’ve heard.

Last edited:
Reactions: ps241

None

Feb 22, 2012
The Penticton tournament felt like it was becoming a goon showcase for the Oilers and Flames anyways.

Reactions: KillEmAll83

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
It certainly felt that way. Invite as many assholes as you can and have them beat up on people. I know the Jets couldn't have been too happy with having Luke Green get an injury, which stunted his development by 4 months.

Reactions: surixon

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Wheeler with a ranking of the top drafted prospects on The Athletic... Wheeler: The Top 50 drafted NHL prospects ranking, 2018...

Jets have 2 in the top 50 (Vesalainen and Roslovic), and 3 more among the 70 honourable mentions (Appleton, Lemieux and Niku).

Interestingly, Vesalainen at #26 is ranked ahead of Liljegren, Suzuki, Glass, Brannstrom, Valimaki and Foote, so maybe the ED trade didn't hurt the Jets' prospect situation much in the end.

Overall, having 5 in the top 120 is a decent showing for a team with a very strong and young NHL roster.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
If I had to redraft the 2017 draft right now my top 10 would be

Hirscher
Patrick
Pettersson
Andersson
Mittlestadt
Vesalainen
Necas
Heiskeinen
Makar
Thomas

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017

Hirscher
Patrick
Pettersson
Andersson
Mittlestadt
Vesalainen
Necas
Heiskeinen
Makar
Thomas

You do understand that Heiskanen was the best dman in Liiga? He had 0.02 points per game less than Vesalainen, as a Dman.

The bias is blindingly strong with this one.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Hirscher
Patrick
Pettersson
Andersson
Mittlestadt
Vesalainen
Necas
Heiskeinen
Makar
Thomas

I read a post earlier today saying that at least 1 NYR fan rates Chytil above Andersson now. Same draft class but Chytil is 11 mos. younger. I can see his point.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
You do understand that Heiskanen was the best dman in Liiga? He had 0.02 points per game less than Vesalainen, as a Dman.

The bias is blindingly strong with this one.

That is some hyperbole for sure but I wasn't impressed by his world junior performance at all

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
From the 31 first round picks of '17, you could argue that at most two guys did not progress significantly. Tough to make a redraft when nearly everybody deserves to be bumped up.

Reactions: Trilliann

Trilliann

Tier 2 fan
May 12, 2016
Below Replacement Level
That is some hyperbole for sure but I wasn't impressed by his world junior performance at all

WJC was disappointing but he was playing with a shoulder injury he sufferded at the end of November

He only missed 1 game after that but then he missed almost all of January after the WJC. He shouldn't have been playing at all, the fans weren't happy and Dallas probably wasn't either.

Reactions: WhatWhat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->