Prospect Info: Winnipeg Jets Prospects Thread 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Santeri Virtanen is playing with SaiPa in Finland, he stuck with the big club and he's playing 12-13 minutes. No points yet through 2 games.

Austin Wong is off to a good start, 4 points in 2 games now. No fights yet... but I'm sure they're coming.

Reactions: Mathil8

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Telegin with 1G1A today.
He's still our property right?
Maybe on paper but IIRC his KHL contract runs longer than our rights to him so he'll be a free agent by the time he's eligible to come to the NHL.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Prospect Update!

Austin Wong off to an ok start in the AJHL with 5 points in 6 games. From what I hear is getting 2nd line minutes. Definitely an agitator/fighter type. Has 15 PIMS in 5 games. He went near PPG last year so hopefully we see that number go north of PPG this year. They play again Friday you can catch that game on HockeyTV if you're a subscriber.

Giovanni Vallati is off to a good start with his new team in Oshawa of the O with 4 assists in 4 games. He's getting 1LD and PP1 time so far so I think we will see a big year from him. Really great coming from a 5th round pick. Oshawa plays Hamilton on Friday.

Leon Gawanke is off to an ok start with Cape Breton in the Q. 2 points in 4 games. He's their 1RD so far this year. Though plays a more shutdown style role. I don't expect him to put up a tonne of points but somewhere in the 0.6ish area of PPG would be an increase over last year and promising. They are playing right now and Gawanke has an assist to make in 3 in 5 now.

Nathan Smith has 2 assists in 2 games so far with Cedar Rapids in the USHL. He's playing as their 1C with top 2019 draft prospect Grant Silianoff on his wing. They play Chicago on Friday.

Declan Chisholm has 2 assists in 4 games so far with the Petes in the O. They play on Thursday.

-Other than that Kovacevic, Evingson and Samberg haven't played any game in the NCAA yet.
-Gustafsson has a foot injury and is expected to play in mid-October.
-Virtanen so far is pointless in 7 Liiga games.

Among the goalies Arvid Holm has a win in a solid game in Allsvenksen and Jared Moe is off to a rough start in the USHL.

Last edited:

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Going to try and do a lot more shift by shift video on Jets prospects this season, Samberg is high up on the list. NCHC streaming is a stupid 30 bucks/month (thanks NeuLion), but they're playing at Minnesota tomorrow which should be on BTN and I'll have access. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Whileee and Atoyot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->