Prospect Info: Winnipeg Jets Prospects Thread 2018-19 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
The NCAA championships have been over for 14 hours now.

I can't be the only one constantly refreshing social media, waiting for an announcement of a signing, right?
Let's give it a day or 2. The team likely partied late last night and are heading back to UMD today. I'd expect an announcement in the coming week.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Is Trochek available? Are Cirelli or Veleno even 2C’s?

Just don’t see Trouba fetching a good, young 2C.

Probably not an established one who is under team control for several more years and who is not badly flawed in some way, no.

I'd be at least a little surprised if Trocheck was available. Maybe it depends on how impressed they are with Borgstrom. If they think he is ready to take over, they might move Trocheck. Otherwise, I doubt it.

Cirelli might be a 2C. Would need solid scouting to confirm that.

Veleno certainly isn't yet, but may be fairly soon. We might have to take the risk in an unproven one like Veleno in order to get one for Trouba.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
During the Frozen 4 final game last night the announcer forecast him to be 1000 game NHLer.

Yup, saw that earlier. I never put any weight on my viewing at the WJC because I didn't get to see much of him at all. Just a few shifts in one game.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Of course Samberg isn't slated to play game 3 of the playoffs like Maker is. But agreed I'm also wanting to see him signed sooner rather than later.

Hopefully Makar plays. I don’t anticipate them to get past Calgary (he is not Bobby Orr, his addition won’t mean THAT much (not yet anyway)), so it’s a good way to make sure he has to be protected at the Expansions Draft.

Reactions: KingBogo

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Hopefully Makar plays. I don’t anticipate them to get past Calgary (he is not Bobby Orr, his addition won’t mean THAT much (not yet anyway)), so it’s a good way to make sure he has to be protected at the Expansions Draft.
Agreed, but when you look at the Avs roster they are so top heavy that they really aren't in any real danger of losing someone important in the ED.

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Agreed, but when you look at the Avs roster they are so top heavy that they really aren't in any real danger of losing someone important in the ED.

They are definitely a one line team. Still, it’s a bonehead move to put Makar in the lineup, so, naturally, I hope that they do.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
They are definitely a one line team. Still, it’s a bonehead move to put Makar in the lineup, so, naturally, I hope that they do.
I read some comments by Avs fans and the reasoning seems to be getting him in now is like a cost of a rental with the price being you push the last current protected player off the list to strengthen this year's playoff run. When you look at their roster it doesn't seem like too steep of a price.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I read some comments by Avs fans and the reasoning seems to be getting him in now is like a cost of a rental with the price being you push the last current protected player off the list to strengthen this year's playoff run. When you look at their roster it doesn't seem like too steep of a price.

I don’t think he makes a difference. That’s the thing. We will see. I’m usually wrong.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
No. Wish I had. Didn't know it was on until too late.

Thats too bad it was a fun game to watch although UMD were pretty dominant. It also gave me a chance to watch Cale Makar play which was a bonus.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Late to this thread, but watched a lot of the NCAA final and can echo what has been said here. Loved watching Samberg, and can't wait to see what he can do in the pros. So solid, his skating, positioning, etc.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
A Samberg-Buff pairing seems to be match made in heaven. Buff communicates a lot on the ice which would help a young player get acclimated to the NHL game.

And Samberg is solid defensively, makes very good reads (at college level), and moves the puck very well, that would allow Buff to be more, “Buff-like”.

I’m still hopeful Trouba signs, though it’s not much of a hope at this point. Myers is a guy that I just wouldn’t want the Jets to commit to long term, with or without Trouba, but I think will be back.

Ideally:

Morrissey-Trouba
Samberg-Byfuglien
Chiarot-Niku
Poolman

More likely:

Morrissey-Myers
Samberg-Byfuglien
Beaulieu-Niku
Poolman

That D has me a bit worried for next year. I would welcome a FA or trade RHD, to replace Trouba and prevent a Myers signing.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad