Prospect Info: Winnipeg Jets Prospects Thread 2018-19 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
That is a lot to ask but the kid plays a very pro ready game. I truly believe he will be an important part of this team sooner rather than later.
Mo Niku
Samberg buff
Kulikov/ chariot poolman
Would be good D next year. A big step back. But if we got a good young C for Trouba a chance of being a decent team.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
It will be nice to add Dylan to the mix. Most of our D men were O first guys initially and Samberg will be a solid top 4 asset at some point who is D first. That Athletic article on Samberg nailed it.....he is a modern shut down defender where his skill set is way less passive and he almost attacks while he defends if that makes any sense. I think the point was he defends well enough that he tilts the ice.

One other observation that UMD coach has his team dialed in to a very VERY structured game. They really dominated UMass.

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
It will be nice to add Dylan to the mix. Most of our D men were O first guys initially and Samberg will be a solid top 4 asset at some point who is D first. That Athletic article on Samberg nailed it.....he is a modern shut down defender where his skill set is way less passive and he almost attacks while he defends if that makes any sense.

One other observation that UMD coach has his team dialed in to a very VERY structured game. They really dominated UMass.
Would love to hear official news of a signing very soon.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Hope Samberg signs soon.

Wonder if Scott Sandlin is heading to the NHL? Jets should bring him in as an assistant, bye Charlie, to eventually take over for Maurice. I’d give it a year.

Reactions: KingBogo

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Hope Samberg signs soon.

Wonder if Scott Sandlin is heading to the NHL? Jets should bring him in as an assistant, bye Charlie, to eventually take over for Maurice. I’d give it a year.
Sandelin does look like an impressive coach. He had every single player dialed in all through the game.

Reactions: ps241

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Sandelin does look like an impressive coach. He had every single player dialed in all through the game.
Played a very impressive game. Well coached.

UMD gets up a goal or two, game over. Wouldn’t that be a nice feeling as Jets fans. Skill to get up in a game, then discipline in your play to lock it down defensively.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Played a very impressive game. Well coached.

UMD gets up a goal or two, game over. Wouldn’t that be a nice feeling as Jets fans. Skill to get up in a game, then discipline in your play to lock it down defensively.
I think the guy gets a shot somewhere in the NHL. Either way Samberg will come to the Jets well coached and by all observations a very disciplined player.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I was skeptical about Samberg with my limited viewings in his draft year, wanted to see if he could play well at a higher level. Well, now Im happy to say I ate crow for breakfast and it was delicious. Love this kids game! And in a few months when you all forget this Ill be sure to take all the credit that he was my fave prospect from day one :sarcasm: :thumbu:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Mo Niku
Samberg buff
Kulikov/ chariot poolman
Would be good D next year. A big step back. But if we got a good young C for Trouba a chance of being a decent team.

I don't see the young D being pushed quite that far up the depth chart just yet.
JMo - Buff
Kuli - Niku/Poolman
Samberg - Poolman/Niku

That D corps lacks experience. We can expect a lot of rookie mistakes. But it has talent and potential. After 1 year Kuli moves out and Samberg moves up. We need to infill the bottom left side. The right side is a little trickier because Buff will need to move down and we don't have a top pairing man to play above Buff. Maybe Niku can do it by then but I'm not counting on him to be more than a 2nd pair player.

If these D prospects live up to expectations, the loss of Trouba doesn't have to be a disaster. If his return ends up being a good young C then maybe what we lose on D is made up at C. :thumbu:

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I was skeptical about Samberg with my limited viewings in his draft year, wanted to see if he could play well at a higher level. Well, now Im happy to say I ate crow for breakfast and it was delicious. Love this kids game! And in a few months when you all forget this Ill be sure to take all the credit that he was my fave prospect from day one :sarcasm: :thumbu:

I saw only a very little of him at the WJC. I was not all that impressed. He was 'OK' in what I saw but that's all. So I am just going by the sum of all the comments I'm hearing from everybody else. It is a lot more than just Whileee now. He is getting rave reviews from many other posters here but also from outside observers.

Not only that but ever since the WJC he has been producing a lot more offense than he had before to add some weight to reports of his skill level.

It certainly sounds like we hit the jackpot.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
What young 2C would we get for Trouba? A young C tends not to be available.

Trocheck has been suggested several times. I'm a little skeptical of that but it is possible. Maybe Cirelli? Maybe Veleno? Probably ends up being someone we never thought of.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
The NCAA championships have been over for 14 hours now.

I can't be the only one constantly refreshing social media, waiting for an announcement of a signing, right?

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Trocheck has been suggested several times. I'm a little skeptical of that but it is possible. Maybe Cirelli? Maybe Veleno? Probably ends up being someone we never thought of.
Is Trochek available? Are Cirelli or Veleno even 2C’s?

Just don’t see Trouba fetching a good, young 2C.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
A top pairing defender on a playoff contending team, with 1 year of RFA left, won't get a good, young 2C, in your opinion?
Who, is my question.

A draft pick or prospect has a decent chance of not even panning out. Is Roslovic a 2C?

I just can’t think of who that 2C would be.

Reactions: snowkiddin

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Did you watch his game last night?

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I saw only a very little of him at the WJC. I was not all that impressed. He was 'OK' in what I saw but that's all. So I am just going by the sum of all the comments I'm hearing from everybody else. It is a lot more than just Whileee now. He is getting rave reviews from many other posters here but also from outside observers.

Not only that but ever since the WJC he has been producing a lot more offense than he had before to add some weight to reports of his skill level.

Did you watch the game last night Mort?

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Even though he is on the left side, if Samberg hits for us then Trouba for 2C becomes much easier to stomach, rather than Trouba for a D.

Reactions: Jack722

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

During the Frozen 4 final game last night the announcer forecast him to be 1000 game NHLer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad