Winnipeg Jets Prospects #21-25 (leftovers)

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
No problem.

Poolman has really moved up in the rankings. I sure up members of hfboards are right about him, and he becomes a regular on the D-core. My guess is a bottom pairing D-man.

A bit of voodoo with dmen compared to forwards. Hockey sence and smarts comes at a later age?

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Final results:

21. Pavel Kraskovsky,C
20310.jpg

58.5% of vote

22. Skyler McKenzie, C
26725.jpg

56.4% of vote

23. Brandon Tanev, LW/RW
brandon-tanev-2017-6378.jpg

48.9% of vote

24. JC Lipon, RW/C
jc-lipon-2017-6378.jpg

44.7% of vote

25.Croix Evingson, D
3013.jpg

33.0% of vote

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Tanev looks like someone just told him something mildly surprising and disappointing...

That pic is prophetic.

It will be Tanev's reaction, when told Roslovic and Spacek are playing so well for the Moose that they need to open roster spots.

McKenzie is going to be the sleeper pick, that will flourish in our organization.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Now Tanev seems a bit low to me.

I would have been really comfortable if we didn't resign him. I look at him as an average AHL player that somehow fooled an organization temporarily. In fairness the zip code he is hanging out with on this list is the extreme long shot group anyways.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
I would have been really comfortable if we didn't resign him. I look at him as an average AHL player that somehow fooled an organization temporarily. In fairness the zip code he is hanging out with on this list is the extreme long shot group anyways.

I think promises were made to sign with jets. Maybe some sort is strategy to sign more college Ufa.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
The thing is, a guy like Lipon would be a better press box option over Tanev. And I think the games he fills in he'd bring the energy for a short stint. Roslo would be the call up higher up the lineup or longer term. But press box has Lipon written all over him.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The thing is, a guy like Lipon would be a better press box option over Tanev. And I think the games he fills in he'd bring the energy for a short stint. Roslo would be the call up higher up the lineup or longer term. But press box has Lipon written all over him.

Definitely prefer Lipon to Tanev. When Tanev first showed up I thought his speed gave him some utility. It did help to draw a few penalties. Trouble is that he just doesn't have much else.

Not to worry. Tanev won't get much TOI this year and his NHL career will be over by this time next year. Unless there is some kind of miracle and he figures out how to make better use of his speed.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Definitely prefer Lipon to Tanev. When Tanev first showed up I thought his speed gave him some utility. It did help to draw a few penalties. Trouble is that he just doesn't have much else.

Not to worry. Tanev won't get much TOI this year and his NHL career will be over by this time next year. Unless there is some kind of miracle and he figures out how to make better use of his speed.

But that second career goal he scored :amazed:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
But that second career goal he scored :amazed:

:laugh: He reminds me of James Wright but I think Wright had more talent. I always pulled for Wright to suddenly get better. He looked soooo close. Of course it never happened. I pull for Tanev the same way and I expect a similar outcome. :(

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I have talked about this previously, but...

How do you rank somebody who will play, but makes the team worse versus somebody who may never play in the NHL?

He was a rookie. He is likely to improve, as a late bloomer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad