Winnipeg Jets Prospects #21-25 (leftovers)

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Kraskovsky - Tanev - Kostalek - Holm - Glover in that order.

Kraskovsky is easily the best prospect remaining. He has intriguing upside.

After that it's a complete crapshoot. I went Tanev next since he is already a mediocre depth AHL type player, that might be an ok #13/14 forward one day.

I have no real hope for anyone left to be a contributor. Went Kostalek next since I think he has been badly miscoached since joining the Moose and still might have some upside. Since he joined the Moose it seems they are trying to make him a Dustin Byfuglien type risk taker than trying to get him back to his skill set as a safe player like an Enstrom.

Holm is a goalie, so who knows. Maybe there is upside.

Glover because I liked what I saw out of pre-draft moreso than any of the rest of the guys. Glover has never really had a chance to settle into the college game, but it's likely he never gets a contract from the Jets. Like I said the rest are huge huge longshots at best.

As for anyone else, Franklin might be a AHLer. Cederholm may find a nice career in Europe. Not sure anyone else finds much of a pro career unless it's at low levels.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Same deal as the last two years. Just pick the five remaining prospects you believe have the best shot at making the Jets lineup.

wait, I thought we were supposed to pick the most promising prospects? Tanev has a good chance to make the Jets' lineup again, but he's like worse than Matt Halischuk.

my 5 picks:
21 Красковский -- managed to get 13 minutes per night on a KHL contender. Also scored some. Looks like he'll be able to pursue a hockey career, league TBD.
22 Lil' Skyler -- scored 42 goals sitting on Cody Glass's shoulders. If he builds on that, he might have a better D+2 than Scott Kosmachuk.
23 Crwaahh -- I like defensemen whose season point totals are a two-digit number, and he's sort of the only one on that list.
24 C.J.F -- almost lead his college hockey team in scoring.
25 Arvid Holm -- he's a goalie I know nothing about, and that puts him above all the others in my opinion.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Same deal as the last two years. Just pick the five remaining prospects you believe have the best shot at making the Jets lineup.

Thanks for doing the "leftovers" poll. :thumbu:

Voted Tanev (as he's bound to get more time), Lipon (I'm sure he'll see a bit of time), Holm (goalies - you never know), Franklin, and Lodge.

They're all longshots at having either a cup of coffee or lengthy stints, IMO.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Went kroskovsky (already a legit player in the second best league in the world) , Holm (goalies are voodoo), Lipon (strong ahl scoring in a couple years and has the agitator aspect that I could see him being a guy who becomes a staple fourth liner at 25), McKenzie (despite a weak chl career that d+2 season was something to behold), and evingson (because I have no idea what he is)

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Went kroskovsky (already a legit player in the second best league in the world) , Holm (goalies are voodoo), Lipon (strong ahl scoring in a couple years and has the agitator aspect that I could see him being a guy who becomes a staple fourth liner at 25), McKenzie (despite a weak chl career that d+2 season was something to behold), and evingson (because I have no idea what he is)

Same as me, with the exception of Tanev over Evingson. I figure Tanev has already made it to the NHL, and the odds of two or more of the 14 remaining players ever playing in the NHL are not that great.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Voted for:
McKenzie
Final CHL seasons:
Kosmachuk 1.49 ppg
Lipon 1.46 ppg
Spacek 1.44 ppg
Lemieux 1.38 ppg
De Leo 1.25 ppg
Lowry 1.22 ppg
Genarro 1.16 ppg
Harkins 1.13 ppg

McKenzie put up McKenzie 1.17 ppg last year.

Kraskovsky
He's okay.

Franklin
Also okay.

Tanev
He's not okay, but he'll play.

Lipon
Better than Tanev IMO.

Most of the others are prayers or players who will wash out soon.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Mckenzie was my next guy
Then lippy, Franklin, stallard and croix

Btw, Croix had a great year in NAHL but as an over after. Where is he playing this year? Ushl or ncaa? Wonder if he'll bloom late?
Edit: just checked, umasslowell

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
21. kraskovsky - can't ignore the size and KHL success
22. franklin - he can definitly score goals in the NCAA
23. cederholm - big, fast, but simple game. Too simple?
24. lipon - could win some NHL time early this season
25. evingson - i really liked the videos i watched of him.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Voted for:
McKenzie

Kraskovsky
He's okay.

Franklin
Also okay.

Tanev
He's not okay, but he'll play.

Lipon
Better than Tanev IMO.

Most of the others are prayers or players who will wash out soon.

All this, though I picked Evingson over Franklin. He's a prayer like you say, but a very intriguing one.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
All this, though I picked Evingson over Franklin. He's a prayer like you say, but a very intriguing one.

I like what I've seen from Evingson. I'd love for him to breakout, but I don't have a strong rational reason to believe he will. I do think there is an omay chance that Franklin plays with the Moose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad