Prospect Info: Winnipeg Jets Prospects 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
That article put way too much emphasis on size, but I guess that's one of the first things to fall back on when you're talking about recently drafted depth picks for teams you don't normally follow. "Size, points, league, points relative to peers, tentative projection"

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Any idea when USA and Canada World Jr rosters will come out for their game tomorrow? Im assuming both will go with their better lineups? Curious to see if Samberg and Stanley will be in the game.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Any idea when USA and Canada World Jr rosters will come out for their game tomorrow? Im assuming both will go with their better lineups? Curious to see if Samberg and Stanley will be in the game.

I'm assuming that players who are locks to make the team won't play. CAN vs SWE on now, Dubois amongst others not playing. Tertiary assist by Stanley:

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm assuming that players who are locks to make the team won't play. CAN vs SWE on now, Dubois amongst others not playing. Tertiary assist by Stanley:

Didn't they use red and white teams as well as USA having two but tomorrow they made one squad for both teams?

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

For the final game it's typically a mix. If you are a surefire lock you might not play but they definitely throw a few locks in there to give the team some competitive edge. To hard to tell sometimes. The way the U18 team goes typically the locks play in the final game depending on how many games everyone has had.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Zinger interview

Really, Zinger? Better to be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt? I know he was going for the easy laugh, but it just rubs me the wrong way when someone pretty high up in our management hierarchy presents themselves in this way on national TV. Say something that at least gives an impression of being knowledgeable. :shakehead

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Really, Zinger? Better to be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt? I know he was going for the easy laugh, but it just rubs me the wrong way when someone pretty high up in our management hierarchy presents themselves in this way on national TV. Say something that at least gives an impression of being knowledgeable. :shakehead

He prefaced that comment by saying that he couldn't comment on players at the tournament because he had only just arrived at the tournament and therefore hadn't had a chance to assess the players. Seriously, I don't know why every minute issue seems to be blown out of proportion.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg

He presented himself and the organization well. You're getting worked up over nothing.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
He prefaced that comment by saying that he couldn't comment on players at the tournament because he had only just arrived at the tournament and therefore hadn't had a chance to assess the players. Seriously, I don't know why every minute issue seems to be blown out of proportion.

It's summer and I'm bored. :D

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Hope he watches and likes Brady Tkachuk then convinces Chevy to draft him. Wherever we're picking. Though it might have to be pretty high.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Hope he watches and likes Brady Tkachuk then convinces Chevy to draft him. Wherever we're picking. Though it might have to be pretty high.

Don't get yer knickers in a knot. :laugh: He will be gone long before we draft.

If genetics mean anything he will be another dirty piece of **** hockey player. No thanks anyway.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Don't get yer knickers in a knot. :laugh: He will be gone long before we draft.

If genetics mean anything he will be another dirty piece of **** hockey player. No thanks anyway.

Really? Wow. I've won 5 championships in my hockey career and every team had "the players you speak of so negatively" They can be very effective.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Really? Wow. I've won 5 championships in my hockey career and every team had "the players you speak of so negatively" They can be very effective.

There are things a person can do in life to 'win' that are not worth the price. The same applies to sporting competition. Where do you draw the line? Did you cheat on exams in school? Approve of it? Lie, steal, defraud? Cheat at games? Welch on bets? Its all the same thing.

I didn't like Keith. I don't like Matthew. I expect more of the same from Brady. I don't care how effective they are.

There is a fine line between playing hard and doing all that the rules allow on the one hand and cheating, dirty play on the other.

I tried to teach my children to be honest, honourable people. I also taught them that they would have to deal with a lot of dishonourable people in life. Just because there are a lot of them and because they quite often win is no reason to cheer for them.

Just my opinion. You get to live by your own standards. :)

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg

I'd rather have them on my team then play against them.

Having a "hard to play against" p.i.t.a. guy who puts up points and keeps the room loose, I'll take.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
There are things a person can do in life to 'win' that are not worth the price. The same applies to sporting competition. Where do you draw the line? Did you cheat on exams in school? Approve of it? Lie, steal, defraud? Cheat at games? Welch on bets? Its all the same thing.

I didn't like Keith. I don't like Matthew. I expect more of the same from Brady. I don't care how effective they are.

There is a fine line between playing hard and doing all that the rules allow on the one hand and cheating, dirty play on the other.

I tried to teach my children to be honest, honourable people. I also taught them that they would have to deal with a lot of dishonourable people in life. Just because there are a lot of them and because they quite often win is no reason to cheer for them.

Just my opinion. You get to live by your own standards. :)

I don't think Brady is nearly as dishonourable as you are implying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad