Prospect Info: Winnipeg Jets Prospects 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Hi guys, what are your practical expectations for petan moving forward?

Somewhere between Seth Griffith and Jonathan Marchessault. He will make it or he won't, but he will probably "visit" more than two different franchises in the process of figuring it out.

Reactions: Howard35

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Petan doesn't have the wheels to play in the NHL IMO. From what I have seen of him so far in the minors and the NHL I just can't see him cracking the lineup.

Would like to see him traded for a 2nd round pick this year

Reactions: Howard35

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
Somewhere between Seth Griffith and Jonathan Marchessault. He will make it or he won't, but he will probably "visit" more than two different franchises in the process of figuring it out.
Wow. That's quite the span of comparisons. Then you go on to say he will make it or he won't. Really on the fence there. Lol

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Petan doesn't have the wheels to play in the NHL IMO. From what I have seen of him so far in the minors and the NHL I just can't see him cracking the lineup.

Would like to see him traded for a 2nd round pick this year
I'd take that. If we could recoup his original draft position I think you do that, especially considering how deep we are with winger depth.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'd take that. If we could recoup his original draft position I think you do that, especially considering how deep we are with winger depth.

If they hold onto Perrault then I would do so as well, but I doubt we get such an offer for him at this point. I would think we get a 3rd or 4th for him at this point.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

If neither Petan nor Harkins makes it we will be waiting on Samberg to be our first successful 2nd rd pick - out of 7 drafts. :laugh::(

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
If neither Petan nor Harkins makes it we will be waiting on Samberg to be our first successful 2nd rd pick - out of 7 drafts. :laugh::(

Its not pretty but in three of those seasons we didn't have a 2nd round pick. On the flip side we had 2 x 2nd round picks in 2013. The second has been our achilles heel up until last season of coarse :sarcasm:;)

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Yeah, looking back certainly not our best round. Hopefully Samberg makes us forget about past 2nd rounds. Chevy sure has nailed those first round picks. Would be nice to find a way to get one back this draft.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yeah, looking back certainly not our best round. Hopefully Samberg makes us forget about past 2nd rounds. Chevy sure has nailed those first round picks. Would be nice to find a way to get one back this draft.

He seems to do fairly well in all other rounds except the 2nd lol. We have a third, fourth and two fifth round pick on the active roster. Niku will probably add a 7th rounder. It seems the second round is our nemesis so far.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Its not pretty but in three of those seasons we didn't have a 2nd round pick. On the flip side we had 2 x 2nd round picks in 2013. The second has been our achilles heel up until last season of coarse :sarcasm:;)

We actually had 3 2nd rounders in 2013 but traded down with Washington..... our 59 th pick for a late 3rd (Lodge) and a 4th and a 5th.

Reactions: ps241

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
We actually had 3 2nd rounders in 2013 but traded down with Washington..... our 59 th pick for a late 3rd (Lodge) and a 4th and a 5th.

We got Comrie with 59. It was 61 that we traded - for what turned out to be Lodge, Kostalek and Poolman. Of the 4 players involved, it looks like Poolman will be the best 1. So I guess we won the trade, although we could have just taken Poolman with 61. Alternatively, we could have taken Pesce at 61.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Can you guys give me some insight into these Jets players who made their NHL debut last season? Specifically what type of player they are, if they have an NHL future and what role they project as in the long-term. Thanks!

Brendan Lemieux
Sami Niku
Tucker Poolman

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Can you guys give me some insight into these Jets players who made their NHL debut last season? Specifically what type of player they are, if they have an NHL future and what role they project as in the long-term. Thanks!

Brendan Lemieux
Sami Niku
Tucker Poolman

Brendan Lemieux is the 22-year-old son of Claude Lemieux - and Brendan seems to be from a similar mold as his dad. Plays wing, shoots left. Takes quite a few penalties as a result of his shit-disturbing style, but he can put the puck in the net. The consensus around here is that his NHL upside is a bottom-6 checking/energy forward who can sometimes contribute offensively.

Niku is a 21-year-old Finnish left-shooting offensive-defenseman. He had a great rookie season in the AHL this year and won the AHL Eddie Shore award for most outstanding defenseman. Good skater, good puck mover, decent shot. Consensus is that he's an Enstrom replacement...hopefully a Top 4 D.

Poolman is a 25-year-old, big, right-shooting defensive-defenseman. At his age he's kind of a finished product and looks to be a 3rd pair/depth guy. I think he's still figuring it out at the NHL level - he didn't see a ton of action - mostly pressbox duty this year.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
when is the Jets Development camp this year.

Last year it was on July first week of July (4th)
Starts next Tuesday, I think. Sadly I'll be overseas so will miss it this year. Looking forward to some good reports from here.

Want to hear about...

K-Ves
Spacek
Appleton
Lemieux
Samberg
Stanley
Green

among others...

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Starts next Tuesday, I think. Sadly I'll be overseas so will miss it this year. Looking forward to some good reports from here.

Want to hear about...

K-Ves
Spacek
Appleton
Lemieux
Samberg
Stanley
Green

among others...

Will our Nut Job du Jour be there? If so, I'll be counting the minutes before Wong and Lemieux are throwing punches.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
I would put Gustafsson in but he is the only one imo.
That sounds about right. We picked up some guys who have potential to move into our top 10 but they all need to develop before you can put them in that group.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
wondering if any of our 2018 draft picks even make it into our top 10 prospect rankings?
guessing no

Its interesting there have been a few drafts where we have 3 picks in before #60. We are entering a new era and we might have an off season within it but for the most part we are going to become the hunted now when it comes to adding high end assets at the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad