Winnipeg Jets players 2017-18 end of season interviews

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Sure hope so, It was almost like he was scared to shoot the puck in the last game.

Yeah it's just the way Laine said "Yeah what was that?" "Oh a flu? Okay?"

Seemed like the kind of thing you jab a buddy about when he's using a flu as a cover for something else.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Outside shot to Luke Green too who skates just as well as Niku. Who missed a lot of time but came back late in the Q season as a PPG defencemen.

Kovacevic is another kid I like and will be following.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Take this with a grain of salt but I decided to do some quick research. Looks like Ehlers girlfriend from Halifax is now living in Quebec and might have a new or no boyfriend. She sure as hell doesn't talk about Ehlers much after he just went on a historic playoff run. Their last picture together was some time ago as well.

That may give someone the Malaise...

Man social media must suck for famous people you can find out anything.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Take this with a grain of salt but I decided to do some quick research. Looks like Ehlers girlfriend from Halifax is now living in Quebec and might have a new or no boyfriend. She sure as hell doesn't talk about Ehlers much after he just went on a historic playoff run. Their last picture together was some time ago as well.

That would suck for sure.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Then again could have been puking and shitting like a mad man, would you really want to say that in public? Or maybe it was a personal health issue that he didnt want to disclose.

The last game he seemed to be his old self other then the not shooting bit. The kid scored 30 goals this year, he is fine.

Reactions: SoCalJetsFan

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Then again could have been puking and ****ting like a mad man, would you really want to say that in public? Or maybe it was a personal health issue that he didnt want to disclose.

The last game he seemed to be his old self other then the not shooting bit. The kid scored 30 goals this year, he is fine.

He'll definitely be better next go around.

Reactions: folix

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Chef’s “Ya know” count way down. Should we be worried or is the kid just growing up?

Can’t imagine how tedious this process must be for players. Tough to be candid and focus on the questions in the ashes of that series.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Chef’s “Ya know” count way down. Should we be worried or is the kid just growing up?

Can’t imagine how tedious this process must be for players. Tough to be candid and focus on the questions in the ashes of that series.

Yeah a lot of them looked really uncomfortable. You can tell it still lingers on them pretty heavily.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

This makes alot of sense actually , when i saw him yesterday he had no visible limp or injury . A girl problem at 21 years old can seem like your world was ending , Ehlers will be very good again next season .

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno

so...he's single. you saying he was out for carpal tunnel syndrome?
palm inflammation?

i don't get it.

Reactions: Revolver and nhlpro
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Lowry I found avoided the injury question like the plague. Also it seemed that the players didn't want to make any excuses for not getting the job done which I found refreshing.

Maurice said a good 5 to 6 players would be getting MRI's over the next few days so I would wager a good number just elected not to use I juries as an excuse.

Agree. It was great to see our team giving credit where credit was due. We may not like it, but you have to applaud the Knights.

Personally I think they win the cup & then next year shit the bed, but a cup win is a cup win.

Revolver

Mar 22, 2013
Winnipeg
Lowry & Little both asked if they had significant injuries in the playoffs. Both said they are fine.

There was a follow up as to why Little missed game day skates and then admitted having issues, but never disclosed anything.

Lowry seen smirking the whole time likely alluding to the pile of horse manure being fed. He mentioned nothing about the broken ribs that were reported here on hfboards last week.

Who was the OP regarding Lowry's "2" broken ribs? Oddly the media asked Maurice if Enstrom had broken ribs. Was this a mix-up?

The season is over. There should be nothing left to hide.

Maybe the Jets players are in a bocce ball tournament this weekend :sarcasm:

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
i like copps anger from being benched i hope it lights a fire under his ass for next year he is a great player but i think he can be better

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Nothing IMO. Their material overall is very fortunate. If there was one thing, I would say that a more playoff-proven goaltender could be a good idea. Still, to me the loss to VGK was a coaching loss and nothing else. If you look at their rosters, it's honestly impossible to call VGK's stronger.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Was it just me or did anyone else fond the player interview format interesting?

I feel it was a deliberate attempt by org to tell us without telling us who they deem are the core/leadership group on this team is. I also thought the leadership hierarchy was presented.

First up (only group of 3) was the teams captains.

I found it very interesting that it was Stastny and not Buff who came up. Some forehadowing perhaps if he returns he gets Buffs A. I personally have a hard time seeing the org present him as one of the defecto team leaders at the top of the pecking order if they viewed him as a lute rental. Reading the tea leaves they will want to bring him back.

Next group was Myer and Mason (likely stand in for Buff who was the only leader not present)

Next group Little and Lowry - two other leaders. Both have been name dropped a bunch by coaching and manaement.

Trouba and Morrissey- Top pairing enough said.

Laine Ehlers - Yoing skill core guys.

Helle and Copp. Copp is a bit of a head scratcher but the org values him more so then the fans.

I wouldn't expect any of the above to be dealt because of how the org views them. Just more amo that the likely player moving to make room is Perrault.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Wonder if Chevy has hinted to Trouba or implied in some way that Myers will be traded if Trouba signs before the draft. That might light a fire under him.

Might - but I doubt any such conversation would take place. It could just give ammunition to an agent, leverage to a player.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Was it just me or did anyone else fond the player interview format interesting?

I feel it was a deliberate attempt by org to tell us without telling us who they deem are the core/leadership group on this team is. I also thought the leadership hierarchy was presented.

First up (only group of 3) was the teams captains.

I found it very interesting that it was Stastny and not Buff who came up. Some forehadowing perhaps if he returns he gets Buffs A. I personally have a hard time seeing the org present him as one of the defecto team leaders at the top of the pecking order if they viewed him as a lute rental. Reading the tea leaves they will want to bring him back.

Next group was Myer and Mason (likely stand in for Buff who was the only leader not present)

Next group Little and Lowry - two other leaders. Both have been name dropped a bunch by coaching and manaement.

Trouba and Morrissey- Top pairing enough said.

Laine Ehlers - Yoing skill core guys.

Helle and Copp. Copp is a bit of a head scratcher but the org values him more so then the fans.

I wouldn't expect any of the above to be dealt because of how the org views them. Just more amo that the likely player moving to make room is Perrault.

Stastny is a great interview. Would he be an assistant here? Probably. But not Buff's A. Buff is like Andre the Giant. No one tells Andre what to do. Buff is the leader in that dressing room. All those young guys kind of do what he says and if you don't you end up like Kane.

They love Copp because of his off ice attitude. The guy is a gym rat and always and I mean always working on his physical fitness. Its a good example for any player coming to see.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Stastny is a great interview. Would he be an assistant here? Probably. But not Buff's A. Buff is like Andre the Giant. No one tells Andre what to do. Buff is the leader in that dressing room. All those young guys kind of do what he says and if you don't you end up like Kane.

They love Copp because of his off ice attitude. The guy is a gym rat and always and I mean always working on his physical fitness. Its a good example for any player coming to see.

I'm not doubting Buffs importance but I seem to recall that the team had to convince him to wear the letter. He seems more comfortable leading from the shadows and behind the scenes type. He might be happy to give it up.

I'm not surprised Copp is part of the leaership group myself for all the reasons that you mentioned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad