Pre-Game Talk: Winnipeg Jets @ New Yawwwwk Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
They've struggled so far this year. Oddly enough I'm worried the injuries might snap them out of their funk. They're not a team that'll be outworked though. Should be a close game either way.

Hopefully Wheeler continues to find his game and Jokinen's monkey stays away. I'm calling it now, big game for Jokinen.

No Name Poster

Maurice Navidad
Oct 29, 2011
The Peg
Buff skated today. Seems a bit odd that a guy who is injured would take part in an optional skate. Especially a guy like Buff who looks to be the type to enjoy a good day off.
Hope he goes. We really need to keep this momentum

Soble

Jan 12, 2012
Toronto
I predict the Jets will score their first goal at MSG. On their third trip there! If they do not, I will go out on a huge limb and predict a loss :laugh:

Must've sucked for any big Jets fans who went to either/both games at MSG last year.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
No Nash... & they've a raft of injuries on the blue line; Girardi left their last game injured and could not even get up or skate off under his own power, if McDonagh plays he will be doing so extremely banged up and playing at about 60% to hazard a guess, & on top of all of that Richards has been horrible this season to date. The Rangers seemed to handle last year's Jet squad quite easily. They might be in for a surprise tomorrow night though.

:)

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Buff skated today. Seems a bit odd that a guy who is injured would take part in an optional skate. Especially a guy like Buff who looks to be the type to enjoy a good day off.
Hope he goes. We really need to keep this momentum

An optional skate isn't the same intensity as a full practice though so I wouldn't put too much stock in that. Unless there are reports he was skating hard, he may have been out there to get a feel for whatever he hurt. It's a good sign in that he's able to skate but it also doesn't imply he'll be back right away or that it won't be a nagging issue going forward.

Personally I'm worried by how much Buff is getting hurt. He's too crucial to the team to miss significant time every year. I can't help but think they need to get him to lose some weight. Bertuzzi used to be ~250 lbs and raved about how dropping a bunch of weight helped with his nagging back/groin/knees (don't really remember which).

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
No Nash... & they've a raft of injuries on the blue line; Girardi left their last game injured and could not even get up or skate off under his own power, if McDonagh plays he will be doing so extremely banged up and playing at about 60% to hazard a guess, & on top of all of that Richards has been horrible this season to date. The Rangers seemed to handle last year's Jet squad quite easily. They might be in for a surprise tomorrow night though.

:)

The concept of meeting teams that are really banged up is becoming a recurring theme in this lock out shortened season. We are not alone!

Lundqvist's save % is back up to .918 and a slow start and getting close to his career mark of .920 so the Rangers are fine there. Last year the Rangers played the entire season at full throttle and that can take its toll. If New York are without McDonagh, Girardi, and Nash that is significant. If we are without Buff (as well as Enstrom and Redmond) then both sets of D are decimated. could be interesting war of attrition.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Starting off this road trip 3-1 has been a nice surprise. Turning that into 4-1 tomorrow night would be great.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Even with some of the Rangers injuries they still have some firepower in their lineup and one of the best goalies in the world. We're also down Enstrom and Buff is playing hurt.

Broken record, but just want to see the Jets hitting more and setting THEIR tone. Also would like to see more urgency in regards to getting to the puck in our zone, more urgency in making the 1st pass, more urgency in winning puck battles in our zone, and being tougher on the puck when trying to get it over the line. So looking to see our breakouts improve.

Would be nice to put up a doughnut on the PK again, and to get one on the PP.

Gaald

Mar 17, 2012
Anyone know where I can find the post game interviews from last night's game?

PaperRockChamp

Oct 19, 2009
Wpg
Because we are inconsistent and things are looking up, I expect us all to be scouting the top 5 again after tomorrow's game.

Can we just win comfortably tomorrow plz?

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Even with some of the Rangers injuries they still have some firepower in their lineup and one of the best goalies in the world. We're also down Enstrom and Buff is playing hurt.

Broken record, but just want to see the Jets hitting more and setting THEIR tone. Also would like to see more urgency in regards to getting to the puck in our zone, more urgency in making the 1st pass, more urgency in winning puck battles in our zone, and being tougher on the puck when trying to get it over the line. So looking to see our breakouts improve.

Would be nice to put up a doughnut on the PK again, and to get one on the PP.

No worries there, the Rangers PP is atrocious. PK is pretty good though, even with Girardi out.

I'm hoping for an injury free game that goes to OT! :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad