Winnipeg Jets Jersey History

Which of the following Winnipeg Jets jerseys and/or uniforms is your favorite

• Total voters

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Based on the following article, please select your favorite Winnipeg Jets jerseys and/or uniforms or make a comment. For a complete look at all Jets uniforms, please refer to whauniforms.com or nhluniforms.com .

Article by The Hockey Writers about the Winnipeg Jets Jersey History.

Winnipeg Jets Jersey History

BY PETER FERRELL AUGUST 29TH, 2018

Poor Winnipeg, always getting the shaft.

If it’s not Ilya Bryzgalov complaining about a supposed lack of parks, or the San Jose Sharks ripping on Winnipeg’s climate and alleged poor WiFi, then it’s the rest of Canada ranking the Gateway to the West (“Winterpeg,” for non-politicians) only slightly behind Hamilton as the nation’s easiest city to make fun of.

Even their hockey teams haven’t had an easy ride.

The WHA-Era Winnipeg Jets

MORE

Last edited by a moderator:

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
For me, my favourite will always be the '90-'96 jerseys. As a young kid seeing Teemu's rookie campaign has been unforgettable, and the nostalgia for the Jersey he wore will most likely never fade.

Reactions: Pongs21

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
lol @ people who put the 1990s jersey as their fave.
the colour isn't good.
the logo isn't good.
it's just not good.

best is Heritage (although i think the crest should be 10% smaller).
second best is shoulder-bar WHA jerseys.
third is 1980's white.
4th is the current jersey.
distance between second and 4th isn't huge.
5th is JETS
6th is 1990s white
7th is 1990s dark.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
lol @ people who put the 1990s jersey as their fave.
the colour isn't good.
the logo isn't good.
it's just not good.

best is Heritage (although i think the crest should be 10% smaller).
second best is shoulder-bar WHA jerseys.
third is 1980's white.
4th is the current jersey.
distance between second and 4th isn't huge.
5th is JETS
6th is 1990s white
7th is 1990s dark.

297.png

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
  1. 1972-73: Not a bad first jersey. The hockey player is cartoonish and difficult to see, but the colours are nice and the word logo is decent.
  2. 1973-77: If you're voting for the Heritage Classic uni, you're also basically voting for this. I always thought the old pie plate logo was a mess, but this (and the HC) was the best implementation of it.
  3. 1977-78: Still pretty good. The dark versions got worse. No red pants though? :shakehead
  4. 1978-79: Aren't these the same as the 1977-78 uniforms?
  5. 1979-80: Brutal. The worst implementation of the pie plate logo with that ridiculous bar of colour running from cuff to cuff through the yoke. Still with the blue pants, too.
  6. 1980-90: What's the difference between these and the 79-80 ones? The stripes on the sock went from Red-Blue to Blue-Red-Blue? Well, that changes everything! :sarcasm:
  7. 1990-96: Oh, how I remember the anticipation of a new Jets logo for the 90-91 season! Finally getting rid of the pie plate! Such cool things you could do with the concept of a jet! And then they just apparently just called up the Portage Place designer to slap a 1990 update on the original design. These are the 8-Ball jackets of Jets uniforms. At least the pants were red again.
  8. 2011-17: I'm a fan of the simple, iconic design of the logo. It's not a shambles of elements like the old pie plates. A tribute to the RCAF. The rest of the uniform is a bit meh...so much blue. Red pants might help (but when don't red pants help?) .
  9. 2017-present: Fundamentally the same uniform as 2011-17.
  10. Heritage Classic: It's the 73-77 uniform with modern materials. It is sharp.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
For me:

1st: Heritage
2nd: 73-77 (Small Caveat, I would like this design with the logo with the white background on the Blues
3rd: 90-96

I chose the 90-96 over the 80's (which I still like) because I'm just not a huge fan of the arm band on the 80's (as I am not a huge fan of it on our current whites).

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
  1. 1990-96: Oh, how I remember the anticipation of a new Jets logo for the 90-91 season! Finally getting rid of the pie plate! Such cool things you could do with the concept of a jet! And then they just apparently just called up the Portage Place designer to slap a 1990 update on the original design. These are the 8-Ball jackets of Jets uniforms. At least the pants were red again.

Gm0ney gets it. I understand why to someone growing up in the 90s loves that logo, but it really was not good objectively.

Reactions: HannuJ

angrymnky

May 31, 2011
Winnipeg
I like the pie plate logo. It's easy to read. Name of the team, name of the city, jet silhouette. And if you think for a second you see a hockey stick. New one has a jet fighting with a leaf for recognition and neither of them winning and as a bonus maybe you get a reference to compass north and a military feel which I think are both less important than the team name or the city or even a hockey reference. It's like a logo for owners that didn't want to name their team the Winnipeg Jets. ;)

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I like the pie plate logo. It's easy to read. Name of the team, name of the city, jet silhouette. And if you think for a second you see a hockey stick. New one has a jet fighting with a leaf for recognition and neither of them winning and as a bonus maybe you get a reference to compass north and a military feel which I think are both less important than the team name or the city or even a hockey reference. It's like a logo for owners that didn't want to name their team the Winnipeg Jets. ;)

I sort of like the RCAF roundel logo - sort of. But I also somewhat agree with your assessment. "It's like a logo for owners that didn't want to name their team the Winnipeg Jets". :laugh:

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Although I really like the Heritage Classic jerseys, I think my favorite were the 1973-77 version the best. Maybe it's because of how vibrant the colors are together.

a059b3e5e11f447a.jpg
29b796682f83bc27.jpg

:jets

Reactions: Wolf357

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->