Winnipeg Jets Hockey Vlog

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I am a Rangers fan but still follow Jets very much because of Laine. Also like all kinds of hockey stuff. I would definitely subscribe. I also like to watch vlogs from live games to see the atmosphere.

I think your idea is good and would work! But only if you are a hyper active and overreact to everything like Steve Dangle ;) Nah just joking :D Steve Dangle is pretty good and I watch him but not everyone have to be like him and overreact. Sometimes Dangle's overreacting can be a little bit irritating.

You could do different kinds of videos:

- Game atmosphere vlogs. Where you could hang out before the game near the stadium for some pregame stuff and show the stadium from outside and of course the in game stuff. And after the game you could do some little interviews with some fans asking their quick thoughts of the game.

- Analytical videos. You could throw there some corsi and stuff. It would be cool if you could show some graphs to make it visually easy for viewers.

- News videos. You could cover and report trades, team brawls in practice :sarcasm: and stuff like that.

- And of course you could do the basic pre game and post game vids.

You could make it so that there is a word NEWS, ANALYTICS HOUR, GAME VLOG POST GAME in the title depending what kind of video it is. Then people would know straight away what kind of video it is.

These are my suggestions. But like the idea and at the end of the day all kinds of hockey videos are welcome so just do your thing:nod:

I'm pretty limited by Game Atmosphere stuff as I live in Saskatchewan but I usually get out to Winnipeg for 1 or 2 games a year so I can definitely do some game atmosphere vlogs. I'm pretty limited by what I can film in BMTSP due to the Jets media policies.
I'm definitely looking into doing a lot of analytical stuff. News videos is definitely on the list as well as post-game vids much like Steve Dangle does for the Leafs.

I actually have names for different segments so people will know beforehand what the video is about. For instance my "Flight Wings" segments will be about Jets prospects.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I would definitely watch! I usually watch/listen to YouTube while I'm getting ready for work in the morning. Be prepared for trolls though, YouTube (and social media in general) is awful. Hopefully you have thick skin!

Oh yeah there will always be trolls. I aint scared. :popcorn:

Reactions: SoupaTroupa

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Yeah Sportsnet picked him up not long ago. If you look back at his beginnings there isn't a lot that has changed with his format. I want to be a bit more engaging. Lots of visuals. Graphs, charts, lots of information and really delve into it. Dangle tends to be more about the game analysis. I want to dive into weekly news, future outlook, prospect, training camps and Moose updates.

I ccan definitely always use some ideas about content. I have a few episodes planned so far but any ideas you have send them my way and I'll see if I can work them in.

Awesome idea Dax! I’ll be your southernmost subscriber. :D

Might I suggest finding a balance with graphs and charts though. Stats are awesome and we definitely need more in an accessible medium, but too much might make you somewhat less engaging. People come to YouTube to watch rather than read and I’m sure you’ll find a balance and inject some personality into it.

I watch a lot of tech YouTube channels and the best ones aren’t the ones that just spew benchmark graphs.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Awesome idea Dax! I’ll be your southernmost subscriber. :D

Might I suggest finding a balance with graphs and charts though. Stats are awesome and we definitely need more in an accessible medium, but too much might make you somewhat less engaging. People come to YouTube to watch rather than read and I’m sure you’ll find a balance and inject some personality into it.

I watch a lot of tech YouTube channels and the best ones aren’t the ones that just spew benchmark graphs.

Yeah I don't want to go to far with the analytics. I have enough trouble understanding them myself sometimes so it will be more about usage, simple underlying stats. Mostly things to prove my points haha. A fair bit of my content is going to focus on the salary cap for the Jets going forward so a lot of the charts will be about the long term outlook and the numbers and how things will fit in along with my speculation regarding how it can all fit together. I've never been very good at math so that one will be fun little challenge.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Only if we can video reply...

I really want to see how old young tall chubby that's me : ) or if Sip has the highest pitch voice ever... :laugh:

On a serious note Daximus...

Mitch at Winnipeg Sports Talk - Winnipeg Jets Talk, NHL Talk, Winnipeg Blue Bombers Talk, All Sports Talk might be able to give you pointers and maybe help tag team this endeavour since he is based in Winnipeg and has been doing our Jets for a while...

Its worth a looksee Daximus...

But really having video replies with your show may be the highlight of it even though you are completely covering all of your bases it will help sell your show...

All the best Daximus...

I believe...

Go :jets Go

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
So Daximus you talk some hockey than video reply...

Then Daximus you talk some more hockey than another video reply...

My video replies shall be:

I will be Reefer...

A Toronto fan from Renfrew Ontario...

Biggest Mathews now Patrick Traverse fan whose a closet Laine fan...

I will pretend I am stoned and stupid...

I got this...

What will the rest of you be and what NHL team will you burn...

kelso-burn.gif

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Oh yeah I can't wait for all you guys to see my chubby face try and analyze professional athletes. It's gonna be great! :D

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
Had a bit of a hiccup with vacations, my wedding and going to Jamaica for our honeymoon next week. Picked a busy time to try to launch this. But I'll keep you guys posted when I get things going. Hopefully in time for training camp.

Sheesh, putting your wedding AND honeymoon ahead of us and the hockey world??!! ;)

Kidding man, huge congratulations to you and your new bride. All the best to you both @Daximus

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Sheesh, putting your wedding AND honeymoon ahead of us and the hockey world??!! ;)

Kidding man, huge congratulations to you and your new bride. All the best to you both @Daximus

A thousand thank you's! I will definitely be stalking HF boards on the beach sipping on some Jamaican rum! Hopefully the wifi is good.

heeh if dax is doing this will the first episode be all about how we should of drafted valimaki instead of vesalainen!!>!> :laugh::nod::laugh::box:

haha no it's going to be about how we should have drafted Clague and Johansen over Stanley. ;):confused::D:popcorn:

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
A thousand thank you's! I will definitely be stalking HF boards on the beach sipping on some Jamaican rum! Hopefully the wifi is good.

haha no it's going to be about how we should have drafted Clague and Johansen over Stanley. ;):confused::D:popcorn:

hehehe I can't wait!!!
"First time listener, long time caller!"

Reactions: Daximus

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Hadn't watched Steve Dangle until he was referenced in this post...... Man, that dude is obnoxious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad