Winnipeg Jets Hockey Vlog

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
This would be cool, right down my ally... 100% something I’d watch.

I mean the idea of Dangle is cool but in all honesty he wouldn’t be as necessary as say a guy like you talking Jets because they already have Overdrive/Leafs Lunch and nearly half of sportscentre reports to talk and report about the Leafs(In contrast to the Leafs I mean Nylander was spoken and reported on nearly every day of last summer, even being called Generational at times whereas Connor came off of a 30 Goal rookie season on pace for the same as Nylander got in his rookie season, nobody ever whispers Connors name or talks about his contract extension)...

The Jets don’t really have anyone that talks about them to there necessity, rather than the rare crazy hot take from TSN every once in a while. It would be really nice seeing someone who actually knows a damn thing about the Jets talk about them and offer opinions on certain situations relating to the Jets in a video format.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
If you integrated some sort of info about corsi, comparison charts,high danger blah blah blah in your blogs I would be all over it.

Like those images of where shots come from depending on what defender was on the ice.

Theres nothing like that out there yet. Personally that's what I want to see but am always too lazy to do myself

Me too! Spoon feed me and I’m all over it.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
This would be cool, right down my ally... 100% something I’d watch.

I mean the idea of Dangle is cool but in all honesty he wouldn’t be as necessary as say a guy like you talking Jets because they already have Overdrive/Leafs Lunch and nearly half of sportscentre reports to talk and report about the Leafs(In contrast to the Leafs I mean Nylander was spoken and reported on nearly every day of last summer, even being called Generational at times whereas Connor came off of a 30 Goal rookie season on pace for the same as Nylander got in his rookie season, nobody ever whispers Connors name or talks about his contract extension)...

The Jets don’t really have anyone that talks about them to there necessity, rather than the rare crazy hot take from TSN every once in a while. It would be really nice seeing someone who actually knows a damn thing about the Jets talk about them and offer opinions on certain situations relating to the Jets in a video format.

And to listen to someone who doesn’t always tow the Jets line and defend defend defend.
Tell it like it is and you have me. The good, bad and ugly.
And one more thing... no My Pillow ads allowed or I’m out of there!
Make me laugh and you’ll have me tuning in consistently.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aggie204

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I'd certainly tune in, sounds like a great idea. So many things to touch on, I think the interest would be there.

Reactions: Daximus

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Sounds like a great idea

Dangle has a real talent for film editing, style ( not leaf jersey style) , and comedy.

He is the only blog / show that I have been able to listen to or watch. Heads and shoulders above the others.

I am pretty sure one of the big networks will give him a 10 minutes once a week, if not already.

I am pretty sure it took years to hone his craft.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Yeah I want to get a pop up green screen so I could kind of show people things. Delve into prospects, cap related issues, advanced stats stuff. Obviously I'd get a lot of idea from here. The only other part is whether I'm engaging enough for people to watch.

Utterly no negative at all to trying. I would be glad to offer assistance any way I could. I do have two year old son that keeps me hopping but even on a small scale would love to contribute.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Sounds like a great idea

Dangle has a real talent for film editing, style ( not leaf jersey style) , and comedy.

He is the only blog / show that I have been able to listen to or watch. Heads and shoulders above the others.

I am pretty sure one of the big networks will give him a 10 minutes once a week, if not already.

I am pretty sure it took years to hone his craft.

Yeah Sportsnet picked him up not long ago. If you look back at his beginnings there isn't a lot that has changed with his format. I want to be a bit more engaging. Lots of visuals. Graphs, charts, lots of information and really delve into it. Dangle tends to be more about the game analysis. I want to dive into weekly news, future outlook, prospect, training camps and Moose updates.

Utterly no negative at all to trying. I would be glad to offer assistance any way I could. I do have two year old son that keeps me hopping but even on a small scale would love to contribute.

I ccan definitely always use some ideas about content. I have a few episodes planned so far but any ideas you have send them my way and I'll see if I can work them in.

Reactions: Aggie204

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
It sounds cool Dax I am sure I would give it a watch.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
giphy.gif

Do we have a Jets vlog yet Dax? Do we have a Jets vlog yet Dax?

Not that I'm jonsen for Jets news or anything ;)

Reactions: Trilliann

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If you want prospect video let me know! I already provide it for those "on the radar" Jets segments ;)

It's awesome you say that because I was going to contact you and see if you wanted to do some collab. Of course I'd make sure to link directly to you whenever I use any video. :)

It sounds cool Dax I am sure I would give it a watch.

Hopefully a subscribe as well. :nod:

giphy.gif

Do we have a Jets vlog yet Dax? Do we have a Jets vlog yet Dax?

Not that I'm jonsen for Jets news or anything ;)

Soon enough! Just waiting on some stuff to arrive from amazon. :D

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I might even be interested in doing research work for it or editor stuff. I was thinking about doing a hockey YouTube channel for some time now but I don't want to be in front of the camera. I did some cutting before and could create graphs and assets as you probably know.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I might even be interested in doing research work for it or editor stuff. I was thinking about doing a hockey YouTube channel for some time now but I don't want to be in front of the camera. I did some cutting before and could create graphs and assets as you probably know.

Yeah it's going to be weird for everyone to see my ugly mug but I think it will be fun. I'd definitely like some help from all who are willing with more of the advanced stats. Especially with explaining them so that casual viewers will get exposed to it.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
So I got a channel name and have a buddy of mine whose a graphics designer in Vancouver designing a logo. Wasn't sure about copyright stuff so I'm trying to get a logo that doesn't have any Jets copyright material in it.
Got most of my stuff in order and just looking for a nice desk to get set up and fixing up a spare room in the house to vlog from.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
So I got a channel name and have a buddy of mine whose a graphics designer in Vancouver designing a logo. Wasn't sure about copyright stuff so I'm trying to get a logo that doesn't have any Jets copyright material in it.
Got most of my stuff in order and just looking for a nice desk to get set up and fixing up a spare room in the house to vlog from.

Exciting to hear about the progress! I can get behind this.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I would definitely watch/listen. There is a huge gap in the Jets fan community of a post-game podcast. There used to be one last season but it doesn't look like they did any episodes this season and there used to be another one a couple of seasons ago but hasn't been produced in a while after one of the hosts moved away. Illegal Curve literally is the only thing that comes close to filling that hole.

FinRanger

Jan 15, 2013
I am a Rangers fan but still follow Jets very much because of Laine. Also like all kinds of hockey stuff. I would definitely subscribe. I also like to watch vlogs from live games to see the atmosphere.

I think your idea is good and would work! But only if you are a hyper active and overreact to everything like Steve Dangle ;) Nah just joking :D Steve Dangle is pretty good and I watch him but not everyone have to be like him and overreact. Sometimes Dangle's overreacting can be a little bit irritating.

You could do different kinds of videos:

- Game atmosphere vlogs. Where you could hang out before the game near the stadium for some pregame stuff and show the stadium from outside and of course the in game stuff. And after the game you could do some little interviews with some fans asking their quick thoughts of the game.

- Analytical videos. You could throw there some corsi and stuff. It would be cool if you could show some graphs to make it visually easy for viewers.

- News videos. You could cover and report trades, team brawls in practice :sarcasm: and stuff like that.

- And of course you could do the basic pre game and post game vids.

You could make it so that there is a word NEWS, ANALYTICS HOUR, GAME VLOG POST GAME in the title depending what kind of video it is. Then people would know straight away what kind of video it is.

These are my suggestions. But like the idea and at the end of the day all kinds of hockey videos are welcome so just do your thing:nod:

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
I would definitely watch! I usually watch/listen to YouTube while I'm getting ready for work in the morning. Be prepared for trolls though, YouTube (and social media in general) is awful. Hopefully you have thick skin!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->