Winnipeg Jets Hockey Vlog

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Hey guys,

I've been pondering the idea of a Winnipeg Jets hockey Vlog on Youtube for awhile. Something similar to what Steve Dangle does for the Leafs. Probably upload a video after every game with some discussion points, along with videos on Jets news about players, prospects and whatever else I can find. Maybe throw in some draft related topics as well as news from around the league.

Would there be any interest in that around here or in the greater Jets fan base around the internet? I would need to buy some equipment to get started and don't want to invest any money in something that won't be of much interest.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Hey guys,

I've been pondering the idea of a Winnipeg Jets hockey Vlog on Youtube for awhile. Something similar to what Steve Dangle does for the Leafs. Probably upload a video after every game with some discussion points, along with videos on Jets news about players, prospects and whatever else I can find. Maybe throw in some draft related topics as well as news from around the league.

Would there be any interest in that around here or in the greater Jets fan base around the internet? I would need to buy some equipment to get started and don't want to invest any money in something that won't be of much interest.

It's hard to say.

I mean - I devour an astonishing amount of Jets-related media during the season. I check out the pre-and-post game statements on the Jets site. I'll log into Facebook for Jamie Thomas' post-game show. I'll read the game-day and post-game threads.

So I might be interested in your vlog.

But the thing is - it would have to be good. It would have to give me some information I'm not getting from other sources. If you're just summarizing the information I can already find in a bunch of other locations? Pass. But if you have something new, I'd be all over it.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I met a dude at a Jets game who wanted to do that, I told him to do so, told me he read the boards but didn't have an account.

I also heard that the Jets insiders also read these forums, such as Mitchell Clinton. Telling you, this is the best place in the universe for hockey info.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
It sounds interesting. Its hard to beat what goes on here for up to date info....but moving something from the computer screen to a video format is always more engaging. In that respect it has alot of potential.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
It's hard to say.

I mean - I devour an astonishing amount of Jets-related media during the season. I check out the pre-and-post game statements on the Jets site. I'll log into Facebook for Jamie Thomas' post-game show. I'll read the game-day and post-game threads.

So I might be interested in your vlog.

But the thing is - it would have to be good. It would have to give me some information I'm not getting from other sources. If you're just summarizing the information I can already find in a bunch of other locations? Pass. But if you have something new, I'd be all over it.

That was kind of my aim with it is to summarize all the info so no one has to go to every other source to find things. Have all sorts of graphs and charts and whatever else I can find to show points about why some things are better than others. Foster discussions not only here but in other areas of social media. Maybe even have some of our knowledgeable posters on as guests if they would feel okay with doing so.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
It sounds interesting. Its hard to beat what goes on here for up to date info....but moving something from the computer screen to a video format is always more engaging. In that respect it has alot of potential.

Yeah I want to get a pop up green screen so I could kind of show people things. Delve into prospects, cap related issues, advanced stats stuff. Obviously I'd get a lot of idea from here. The only other part is whether I'm engaging enough for people to watch.

Reactions: Afterburner

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I met a dude at a Jets game who wanted to do that, I told him to do so, told me he read the boards but didn't have an account.

I also heard that the Jets insiders also read these forums, such as Mitchell Clinton. Telling you, this is the best place in the universe for hockey info.

Yeah this place has a tonne of info. But so does the Leafs board and Dangle gets a tonne of views. It might be the sheer number of people who are Leafs fans but I think I'd have a more engaging show than his. He seems to shy away from delving deeper into the metrics.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Depends how many views you want. I suspect it would do quite well. I actually find that Jet info is kinda lacking. You get the standard fare from Winnipeg media, then a meager handful of juicy tidbits show up on twitter, IC guys have some stuff......but thats about it.

Reactions: Daximus

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Hey guys,

Sounds like a great idea to me Dax. Follow the seasons with content and I think at the very least you will get a lot of us around here tuning in.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Sounds like a great idea to me Dax. Follow the seasons with content and I think at the very least you will get a lot of us around here tuning in.

Yeah I was hoping I could build a bit of a viewership here and maybe if I'm doing a good enough job then word of mouth will help with the rest. I don't live in Winnipeg so it is much harder for me to spread the word there where the bulk of any viewership would be.

It's only a $200 investment to likely get it up and running so it's not horrible and then just making sure I keep up with content.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Yeah I was hoping I could build a bit of a viewership here and maybe if I'm doing a good enough job then word of mouth will help with the rest. I don't live in Winnipeg so it is much harder for me to spread the word there where the bulk of any viewership would be.

It's only a $200 investment to likely get it up and running so it's not horrible and then just making sure I keep up with content.
The Jets board will churn out some interest. Trade and UFA speculation will also drum up interest. I have a feeling this summer might be a good time to get things rolling as it is looking like things might get a little crazy around here with the amount of signings that are needed, and maybe some accompanying trades to free up cap space.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Oh man this would be awesome. I would for sure watch every episode. You've got great insight into the prospects too which is really amazing. Plus I love the idea of more Jets content. So I say hell yeah :D

If I do decide to run with this that is my planned first episode. A post-draft recap of everyone we draft as well as touching on some ongoing contract negotiations.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
The Jets board will churn out some interest. Trade and UFA speculation will also drum up interest. I have a feeling this summer might be a good time to get things rolling as it is looking like things might get a little crazy around here with the amount of signings that are needed, and maybe some accompanying trades to free up cap space.

Yeah I have some planned episodes already around potential cap scenarios heading into July 1st and beyond.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
That was kind of my aim with it is to summarize all the info so no one has to go to every other source to find things. Have all sorts of graphs and charts and whatever else I can find to show points about why some things are better than others. Foster discussions not only here but in other areas of social media. Maybe even have some of our knowledgeable posters on as guests if they would feel okay with doing so.

Does this mean we can anticipate a Dax//Avgard one on one? ;)

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
If you integrated some sort of info about corsi, comparison charts,high danger blah blah blah in your blogs I would be all over it.

Like those images of where shots come from depending on what defender was on the ice.

Theres nothing like that out there yet. Personally that's what I want to see but am always too lazy to do myself

The Fist

Fist full of dollars
Feb 9, 2014
Winnipeg
Yeah I want to get a pop up green screen so I could kind of show people things. Delve into prospects, cap related issues, advanced stats stuff. Obviously I'd get a lot of idea from here. The only other part is whether I'm engaging enough for people to watch.

I've found Cowboy Studio sells the cheapest and best pop up green screens Cowboystudio Reversible Pop Out Background Panel: Blue & Green, the key with greenscreening is lighting your screen to get the perfect key, I have other pointers but you can PM me if you're interested.

Reactions: Daximus

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Reactions: The Fist

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
I would be interested, and to be honest it would be nice for someone to talk about some of these charts that are posted up here. I kind of gloss over what is posted on HFJets, but im mildly curious about advance stats.

I would be looking forward to draft day and UFA/RFA,and i think the summer would be an excellent time to sort out any production kinks before the season started.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I would be interested, and to be honest it would be nice for someone to talk about some of these charts that are posted up here. I kind of gloss over what is posted on HFJets, but im mildly curious about advance stats.

I would be looking forward to draft day and UFA/RFA,and i think the summer would be an excellent time to sort out any production kinks before the season started.

Yeah that's another thing and of course I'd be looking for a lot of feedback from you guys as to what works and what doesn't.

Reactions: Aggie204

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad