Winnipeg Jets History

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
I saw this as well. Lots of continuity problems since the Sharks didn't exist, the Jets didn't wear white on the road, there was no Jet that wore #80 until Antropov in the 2.0 days & Tim Kerr played RW not LW.

Biggest problem was referring to Tim Kerr as a good skater when his career was defined standing as an immovable presence in the slot.

lol. That show plays fast and loose with continuity. One episode they were talking about the NFL and a two point conversion which wasn't adopted by the league til the mid 90's.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Classic Jets made an appearance in the sitcom the goldbergs tonight. The show takes place in the 80s and they went to a Flyers game against the Jets. Just showed a couple of jets players getting hit and the guy yelling “you suck Winnipeg Jets”.

Saw this last night as well.

I checked a bunch of threads and did not see this mentioned so I started a thread.

I did not check out this thread.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Classic Jets made an appearance in the sitcom the goldbergs tonight. The show takes place in the 80s and they went to a Flyers game against the Jets. Just showed a couple of jets players getting hit and the guy yelling “you suck Winnipeg Jets”.
I think Murray Goldberg would be a great replacement for Dennis Beyak or Paul Edmonds for doing PBP. He's a good yeller. I could listen to him yell all day.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The upper deck was my second home in University.

$11.00 student tickets, those were the days.

Sadly, I could barely afford those when I first moved to Winnipeg in 1993 to attend Red River College, I think it may have been more like $15 though for student upper deck tickets. I did manage to get to a few games though before the student loans would run out mid-term :laugh:.

Reactions: Ducky10

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Sadly, I could barely afford those when I first moved to Winnipeg in 1993 to attend Red River College, I think it may have been more like $15 though for student upper deck tickets. I did manage to get to a few games though before the student loans would run out mid-term :laugh:.
They started at $11.00 my first year of Uni and rose to $15.00 by the end.......crazy.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I can remember complaining that beer was 3.25-3.50 and tonight I'll be paying 10.50 and not complaining a bit. (actually, I bought the tickets so my better half is buying the beer tonight...she's worried). No Mount Everest to climb with the beer tonight though.
I don't believe in jinxes so I gotta say, I don't go to many games but I have yet to see the Jets 2.0 lose.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
In case anyone is interested, there's some neat WHA Jets photos in the new Winnipeg Tribune online archive at UofM; accessible here: Winnipeg Tribune : Photograph Search : Archives & Special Collections : Libraries : University of Manitoba
Here's a nice one showing the steepness of the upper deck at the old Winnipeg Arena. Smoke 'em if you got 'em!
WinnipegEnterprises2.jpg

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Here's a nice one showing the steepness of the upper deck at the old Winnipeg Arena. Smoke 'em if you got 'em!
WinnipegEnterprises2.jpg

Excellent view of about 2/3 of the ice from there lol. I remember my first Jets game I attended in 1991, I was a tad disappointed with my view from up there. I also saw more than few people stumble carrying beer and hot dogs.

Those upper deck seats were kinda terrifying during a concert. I can recall a couple of concerts (Guns n' Rose in 1993 and AC-DC in 1997) that I sat in the uppers and it felt like the upper decks would collapse due to everyone rockin' out and it shaking and vibrating.

Reactions: Gm0ney

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad