Proposal: Winnipeg Jets and Edmonton Oilers Major Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
lol...too funny.

Edmonton fans: Horrible trade for Oilers. Laine is overrated, Little is not close to RNH, and we cant give up Larsson, as we have no Defensive depth

Winnipeg fans: Give up Laine??? Are you nuts??? He is the next Ovechkin. Horrible trade for the Jets.
You know you've come up with either a winner or complete loser when both fan bases hate it. Speaking from Jets POV, theres no way we trade Laine for anything like that

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
You know you've come up with either a winner or complete loser when both fan bases hate it. Speaking from Jets POV, theres no way we trade Laine for anything like that

Yeah, he doesn’t even try to formulate any justification for it because it’s just plain ridiculous.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
No team is trading for Laine without a signed contract.
I think the opposite. Most GM's would rather negotiate a contract themselves rather than let another team do it for them without considering their indovidual needs.

Also why you don't see sign-and-trade moves.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I think jets should stay with Laine and let little end his career in Winnipeg.
You have potential 50 g player whose only 21. Too early to give up on him, unless there is another unspoken reason your trying to get rid of the player. Then I would need to know more.
I agree about keeping Laine, but Little should be traded next season.... as soon as his full NMC becomes a modified 14 team NTC.
I’d move him now if he was willing to waive.
No way should he be allowed to finish his career, or his current contract, in Winnipeg.
5.29M AAV until the end of the 2023/24 season...... Hell No.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
lol...too funny.

Edmonton fans: Horrible trade for Oilers. Laine is overrated, Little is not close to RNH, and we cant give up Larsson, as we have no Defensive depth

Winnipeg fans: Give up Laine??? Are you nuts??? He is the next Ovechkin. Horrible trade for the Jets.

Yep. It truly is a bad proposal that doesn't take into account value or needs.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
This is a terrible trade for the Jets. You get rid of Little’s contract, but take on another bad one in Larsson. Nuge is an upgrade at 2C, but it isn’t worth Laine. The 1st is nice, but that could be a mid first for all we know.

Absolutely horrific for Winnipeg.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
I think the opposite. Most GM's would rather negotiate a contract themselves rather than let another team do it for them without considering their indovidual needs.

Also why you don't see sign-and-trade moves.

Think the biggest reason we don't see sign and trades is in this case. The Jets tell Laine he isn't wanted. Now going and talk with the Oilers and try to sign an extension. Oh, by the way, if no deal is reached, that's OK, you're welcome back as Jet and we will try to reach a contract.
Just too complicated to do in most cases. I'm agreeing with you that GMs would rather negotiate the contracts themselves, but to give up good assets for a guy who might not sign an appropriate contract.....that's trouble too.

The Big M

Dec 29, 2017
Who is our 50+ goal scorer? Selanne retired in 2014.
I saw Selanne score many of his 76 goals live at our old arena. I am a fan of his.

Did you know that there were fourteen 50+ goal scorers back in 1993?! That was a different era.

Laine has the potential to have more 50 goal seasons in his career than Selanne in an era where that accomplishment is harder to do.

Yet you and other Jets fans would like to get rid of him.

Unbelievable!

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
As an Oil fan I think I’d pull the trigger on this one. We’d need to send one of Gagner/Manning the other way to make it work though (assuming Laine would sign 6x8.5).

I just really want to see a super line of Laine-McD-Drai. Our PP would be lethal once Bouchard becomes a full time NHLer.

razor8

Nov 28, 2017
I saw Selanne score many of his 76 goals live at our old arena. I am a fan of his.

Did you know that there were fourteen 50+ goal scorers back in 1993?! That was a different era.

Laine has the potential to have more 50 goal seasons in his career than Selanne in an era where that accomplishment is harder to do.

Yet you and other Jets fans would like to get rid of him.

Unbelievable!

I'm a Laine fan, but he hasn't scored 50+ even once yet. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

He has potential to be a great goal scorer, but he needs to improve his skating and overall movement.

The Big M

Dec 29, 2017
As an Oil fan I think I’d pull the trigger on this one. We’d need to send one of Gagner/Manning the other way to make it work though (assuming Laine would sign 6x8.5).

I just really want to see a super line of Laine-McD-Drai. Our PP would be lethal once Bouchard becomes a full time NHLer.
The only player on the Oilers the Jets will accept for Laine is McDavid.

Shnooks

Apr 18, 2017
That's a no from Edmonton. RNH to little is a pretty big downgrade. Losing Larsson hurts our defense and we throw away the future. No thanks
I get what you're saying about the first two things...but trading one first round pick isn't "throwing away the future."

Tmart335

Aug 19, 2018
If you took out the first from Edmonton......it would still be a no from me. (But I like RNH and Larsson, so I may be a little biased)

Even without the 1st? You get a 6"5 , 21 year old, who has scored 36,44,30 in his first 3 seasons for nouge and Larsson?

Nouge is 26 and hasn't once broke 30. Could you imagine macdavid and laine?

I would still debate this with the 1st..take out little and swap little for a defenceman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad