Proposal: Winnipeg Jets and Edmonton Oilers Major Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
This is a poor trade all around. So the Oilers have an incredibly deadly first line? But now you are taking the only good player off the rest of their lines, getting rid of a good defenseman and then praying that the 1st rounder isn't a high pick? The Oilers are the rare team that needs more depth and not more superstars.

As for the Jets, they need a centre FOR Laine, and don't want to give up the superstar.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
lol...too funny.

Edmonton fans: Horrible trade for Oilers. Laine is overrated, Little is not close to RNH, and we cant give up Larsson, as we have no Defensive depth

Winnipeg fans: Give up Laine??? Are you nuts??? He is the next Ovechkin. Horrible trade for the Jets.

Don’t forget OP just throwing random names at a wall without any justification.

This is embarrassing.

Reactions: The Big M

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I wouldn’t do this for Edmonton. I’d like Laine but we can’t afford him. I don’t want Little. I’d trade Larsson but we’d need a top 4 coming back and I’m not sure we should be parting with our first at this time as we’re likely talking lotto pick.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Can you imagine Laine-McDavid-Draisaitl line? We're talking a line that would strike fear into the hearts of opposing fans. D-Men would be trembling in their skates, especially on the PK. Were looking at 50+ Laine for years. McDavid leading scorer for most of the 20s. Drai will be 100+ point player. It would be the the most dominant 1st line of the last 20 years.

Can you imagine how awful the rest of the Oilers lineup would be?

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
I think jets should stay with Laine and let little end his career in Winnipeg.
You have potential 50 g player whose only 21. Too early to give up on him, unless there is another unspoken reason your trying to get rid of the player. Then I would need to know more.

Reactions: The Big M

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
lol...too funny.

Edmonton fans: Horrible trade for Oilers. Laine is overrated, Little is not close to RNH, and we cant give up Larsson, as we have no Defensive depth

Winnipeg fans: Give up Laine??? Are you nuts??? He is the next Ovechkin. Horrible trade for the Jets.
That's no irony there. You actually just made a trade that's terrible and pointless for both teams.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
This trade makes the Oilers worse. Laine is a nice piece but I'd rather hang onto Nuge who I feel will be a career Oiler and Larsson who will play top pair.

RNH right now > Laine. RNH is more versatile and can anchor the 2nd line while McDavid and Draisaitl tear it up together on the top line.
Adam Larsson to the Oilers > Little
1st round pick >>>>

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Can you imagine Laine-McDavid-Draisaitl line? We're talking a line that would strike fear into the hearts of opposing fans. D-Men would be trembling in their skates, especially on the PK. Were looking at 50+ Laine for years. McDavid leading scorer for most of the 20s. Drai will be 100+ point player. It would be the the most dominant 1st line of the last 20 years.

Sounds amazing but why on Earth would you want that as a Jets fan? This proposal is an easy 'no'.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
If that's the end result of a trade like this, the Oilers should add more to the offer.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
lol...too funny.

Horrible take on your part . Oilers defence sucks as is . Losing their best RHD is sure going to help them . We also can not move RNH as he is our 2 C . Draisaitl has great chemistry with McDavid so unless we have 2 to 3 top 6 wingers coming it it makes little sense value be damn .

FanCos

Jun 4, 2016
It takes a certain talent to propose a trade neither party would want, and even for a good reason.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal

And nobody in the back to transition and move the puck up to said forward line.

They will have to do everything themselves and would be neutralized most often than not.

Also expect as many goals against as for for that line lol.

Edmonton still goes nowhere, McJesus is still upset and it increases the chance of him wanting out.

Wayne Gretzky all over again.

Oh and who provides secondary scoring? Bryan Little and James Neal? Ouch.!

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
Why don't you throw in Scheifele since you're being so generous.

We finally have a 50+ goal scorer and you want to get rid of him.

You're kidding right?
Draisaitl isn’t a part of this trade. How is Edmonton getting rid of the only 50+ goal scorer on either team?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
That's a no from Edmonton. RNH to little is a pretty big downgrade. Losing Larsson hurts our defense and we throw away the future. No thanks

the 1st rd pick? you would be getting a guy that put up a pair of 30g+ seasons and a 40g+ season on his ELC....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->