OT: Winnipeg ICE 2021-2022 [ICE @ Brandon Fri Dec 17]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

Winnipeg Ice training camp right around the corner

Training Camp will take place at the RINK Training Centre (located at 57 South Landing Drive just off McGillivray Boulevard), beginning on Wednesday, August 28th and concluding on Sunday, September 1st.

Training camp and all scrimmages are free for fans to watch.

At the end of camp, on Sunday, Sept. 1, the ice will hold a Training Camp Showcase game at 5 p.m. Tickets are $5 for adults and free for children under 12.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
I'm so excited about the Ice season. My wife's immigration just came through and she'll be bringing my kids to Winnipeg in October. My little guy is about to turn 5 and already skates like the wind and loves to shoot the puck. It's so great that there's going to be affordable hockey games for him to go see. Gonna be a big stack of tickets under the tree this year!

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
Nice to see them invite a couple of high school kids

For sure. I think with the new RHA jerseys having an Ice patch on the shoulder, it's pretty obvious they're going to be inviting a lot of RHA kids every year. They may have not drafted any RHA players this year, but they've got five un-drafted kids coming as invites.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Some info on the 16 year olds to watch out for

Carson Lambos - Potential future 1st round NHL pick and franchise D man. He is the total package, skating,skill,stick handling,shooting,smarts and agression. I will be really interesting to see how much a step up he take this year. He was such a force whenever he was on the ice with RHA and there can be an adjustment period especially for young D men to Junior. Very much a Drew Doughty type of player.

Karter Prosofky - An interesting player. Not the biggest guy and he has a lot of offensive skill from the blue line but he also loves the physical play and will throw big hits all over the ice. I kind of think he might be in tough to stick around this year but if he can show he can do what he did at the midget level then I expect him to play.

Skyler Bruce - Will get every chance to make the team. Very skilled and speedy forward. He didn't play at the highest level,imo the Elite 15s group in the CSSHL is kind of a mix bag, but he really showed that he was a top if not the the top player at that level.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm so excited about the Ice season. My wife's immigration just came through and she'll be bringing my kids to Winnipeg in October. My little guy is about to turn 5 and already skates like the wind and loves to shoot the puck. It's so great that there's going to be affordable hockey games for him to go see. Gonna be a big stack of tickets under the tree this year!

Congratulations! That's good news. :thumbu:

Reactions: heilongjetsfan

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014

Not to split hairs, but there were affordable hockey games in town before any of the Ice, Jets or Moose came to town, and there still are. Probably many of the players on those teams would impress a five-year-old.

Reactions: wgpsensfan

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Not to split hairs, but there were affordable hockey games in town before any of the Ice, Jets or Moose came to town, and there still are. Probably many of the players on those teams would impress a five-year-old.
You mean like MMJHL? I guess that would work, too.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
The dressing room and facilities look great! Can't wait for the season to start - I'm sure the Ice and Wheaties will become fast rivals

Reactions: irunthepeg

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Rising WHL star hoping to be regular player for Winnipeg Ice this season

In June, he turned his back on the NCAA and signed a WHL player agreement with the Ice, who won the draft lottery and chose him first overall. WHL guidelines currently permit the league to allow 15-year-olds to play extra games in special situtations, but a move is afoot to allow 15-year-olds more opportunity without making a formal request to Hockey Canada.

Little light on details there.

Reactions: LainePeg

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Please elucidate. Inquiring minds want to know.

This is from the article posted by LainePeg in Post #10 of this thread.

Winnipeg ICE Season Preview Part 1: Forwards

Savoie is limited under the current WHL rules to 5 games. However, it appears that the Winnipeg ICE are going to “bend” the rules per say (even though the WHL has said they will allow them to do it) and carry a short roster which would allow the team to play Savoie on an “emergency basis”. Reports suggest that he will be able to play up to 50 regular season games with the team.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
This is from the article posted by LainePeg in Post #10 of this thread.

Winnipeg ICE Season Preview Part 1: Forwards

Savoie is limited under the current WHL rules to 5 games. However, it appears that the Winnipeg ICE are going to “bend” the rules per say (even though the WHL has said they will allow them to do it) and carry a short roster which would allow the team to play Savoie on an “emergency basis”. Reports suggest that he will be able to play up to 50 regular season games with the team.

Thanks, I remember reading about the (nudge nudge) emergency basis. I thought perhaps JH had learned something not previously mentioned. Makes you wonder why they have these restrictions in the first place if they can be so easily circumvented.

Reactions: Guardian17

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
Thanks, I remember reading about the (nudge nudge) emergency basis. I thought perhaps JH had learned something not previously mentioned. Makes you wonder why they have these restrictions in the first place if they can be so easily circumvented.

Not all WHL teams have players playing so close to home, so not so easy for all teams to use this loophole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->