OT: Winnipeg ICE 2021-2022 [ICE @ Brandon Fri Dec 17]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuckyChuck

May 6, 2015
Went to my first Ice game tonight and it was also my first WHL game. Was impressed, it's been about 15 years since I've been in the Max Bell, the lighting has certainly improved and for a first-year team, they are doing a great job with the game presentation/concessions. Having the lounge-ish areas is a nice touch. The replay's on the scoreboard were a little hard to see, but my eyes ain't what they use to be. Another camera would really help out, but hey, it's junior hockey, the fact they have instant replays is amazing. By the time they move into the new barn I'm sure it will be a great product.

As for the hockey, holy shit can those kids wheel and they snap that puck around with some heat. Lots of talent all over the ice, almost too much. Lots of back-hand sauce through middle ice that got picked off, guys looking to dish and make a fancier play then required, but nonetheless really entertaining.

I strongly recommend everyone go and watch a couple of games, the kids skate 100% in every direction, sometimes the wrong direction but it leads to some good chances.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Winnipeg Ice president and GM Matt Cockell isn’t about to put the touch on team owner Greg Fettes for Memorial Cup rings just yet.

But for a franchise that has averaged just 16-17 wins over the previous four seasons, a 19-13-1 record and holding down second place in the WHL East Division going into Christmas is a clear representation that progress is being made towards achieving that lofty goal at some point.

Winnipeg Ice go into the Christmas break with plenty of reasons for optimism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->