Proposal: Winnipeg / Florida

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Would Hoffman+Matheson+1st be enough for Trouba?

Ya that's a decent over payment.

Hoffman is worth a mid to late 1st + mid level prospect
Matheson is worth the late (23rd) 1st round pick he was drafted with
potential top 10 pick

Feel the bolded is fairly close to what Trouba is worth with a 2nd/3rd round pick or prospect added.
Don't think he's worth a top 10 pick + two 1sts and a prospect

WPG would have to add something here. Brossoit + decent pick/prospect/roster player

Last edited:

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
On forward, you're stacked but looking at defense I dont see a ton of potential and theres the rumor Niku or your 2019 1st may be on the block. How is Stanley progressing so far?

Just saying, FLAs 2019 1st may end up being a top 10 pick, maybe a 3 way deal where STL gets our pick + one of your better prospects, you guys get Pietro and we get Trouba??

We have left-shot D Dylan Samberg, who is a year or two out, looking like a 2nd pairing+ prospect. Realistically, we're good down the left if we have Morrissey-Samberg-Niku-Stanley. On the right, we're looking like Byfuglien-Myers-Poolman if Trouba walks, so we could use one or two good prospect RHDs. If one of Declan Chisholm, Jonathan Kovacevic or Leon Gawanke pan out, bonus. If we keep all of our defensive prospects and draft well in the 2nd round (again), we're not in desperate need of top picks to refill that cupboard.

Hubie would be a luxury, but Ekblad would fit very nicely into the lineup, I think. Losing Roslovic would suck, though.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
We have left-shot D Dylan Samberg, who is a year or two out, looking like a 2nd pairing+ prospect. Realistically, we're good down the left if we have Morrissey-Samberg-Niku-Stanley. On the right, we're looking like Byfuglien-Myers-Poolman if Trouba walks, so we could use one or two good prospect RHDs. If one of Declan Chisholm, Jonathan Kovacevic or Leon Gawanke pan out, bonus. If we keep all of our defensive prospects and draft well in the 2nd round (again), we're not in desperate need of top picks to refill that cupboard.

Hubie would be a luxury, but Ekblad would fit very nicely into the lineup, I think. Losing Roslovic would suck, though.

Huberdeau is only moved for a #2-3 RD. This Panarin + Bob stuff is silly. Tallon should be fired immediately if he does this without them having pre-arranged deals to stay in FLA.

Ya not worried about your LD, you should be fine there with finding both a 2nd and 3rd pairing D, JM being your #1 up top. Buff's got a good 2-3 years of top 4 D in him and then Poolman is the only noticeable. You'd re-sign Myers?
Fair enough, can always trade one of your better forward prospects for a RD prospect.
Just know FLA has some options for ya regarding Trouba! :cool:. Good luck on the Cup run this year!

Reactions: 20 others

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I could see Trouba +medium add for Ekblad but in the summer. Otherwise no.

I can't see it. For all the shit Ekblad gets on our board and around here, he's a decent #3 right now, on his way to becoming a good #2D. We'd offer a package of picks and prospects with a decent roster player for Trouba, if that doesn't cut it then we move onto other options like Pesce, Manson etc

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I can't see it. For all the **** Ekblad gets on our board and around here, he's a decent #3 right now, on his way to becoming a good #2D. We'd offer a package of picks and prospects with a decent roster player for Trouba, if that doesn't cut it then we move onto other options like Pesce, Manson etc

If we move Trouba out, our #1 priority coming back is a potential Trouba replacement :laugh:

Not realistic probably, but that's where we're at right now. Maybe as we get closer and closer to the draft, we'll move off those priorities, but right now that's what our goals are in any Trouba move.

I do really like the options that Florida has for a trade structure for us. Definitely could be something there, especially with the pressures of draft day.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
If we move Trouba out, our #1 priority coming back is a potential Trouba replacement :laugh:

Not realistic probably, but that's where we're at right now. Maybe as we get closer and closer to the draft, we'll move off those priorities, but right now that's what our goals are in any Trouba move.

I do really like the options that Florida has for a trade structure for us. Definitely could be something there, especially with the pressures of draft day.

Ya I cant see having a big market for teams that want to do a 1 for 1 D Trouba trade. Seems like a lateral move no? STL maybe with Pietroangelo? (Extensions in place?)
CAR wants forwards if they trade D.
Zaitsev? :sarcasm:

I've said it a couple times with other WPG fans, we can revisit this at draft and see where FLAs 1st lands and go from there.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Trouba sure seems happy to be a Jet right now. Almost like he's just been stringing them along. He keeps getting better and the price tag keeps getting bigger. Hopefully Chevy will find a way to sign him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->