Winnipeg Fans who Want Center Ice - Please read this and act

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Anyone who would like another option besides ExpressVu for the NHL CenterIce Package in Winnipeg, I strongly encourage you to email Shaw at the address below and ask them to consider carrying this package for the 2005/06 season.

[email protected]

Alternatively feel free to contact them by phone (480-7429) between 7am to 9 pm Monday through Friday and 8am to 9pm Saturday.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
It's not just Winnipeg. Shaw doesn't have Centre Ice anywhere. And they haven't really given a good reason why.

sphice

Feb 16, 2005
I asked shaw about this a few years ago and they told me they were trying to get it but were were not able to do so because "Bell Express Vu" has exclusive rights to it on the West Coast. That's the reason. it is a legal problem. They told me they were working on it and that was about it.

incawg

Mar 7, 2003
Canuckland
Visit site
A bit off topic, but I worked my ass off to try to get Videotron to carry it in Montreal when I lived there to no avail. The problem there was that Videotron wanted a "discount" on the price from the NHL because such a significant percentage of the population was francophone, and they felt they'd get less subscribers because of that. Neither side would budge, so I was stuck without my Center Ice.

Luckily I have since moved to Ontario and now have Rogers as my cable supplier.

Benji Frank

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I haven't looed at the packages offerred, but doesn't MTS offer cable now? Maybe if they put it in one of hteir packages, it'd give people reason to switch services......

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Benji Frank said:
I haven't looed at the packages offerred, but doesn't MTS offer cable now? Maybe if they put it in one of hteir packages, it'd give people reason to switch services......

I've emailed them as well. They aren't offering it. I thought exactly the same thing because let's face it why would I switch to MTS if I already get the same stuff on Shaw?

I asked them to clarify what exactly they hope to accomplish by offering the exact same channels as Shaw with little to differentiate between the two. I don't expect a response.

Bottom line is you have a bunch of idiots running the show at both Shaw and MTS if they don't see a potential profitable market sector with the NHL Center Ice Package. I shake my head when I think that we can't get an organization to see that people in Canada like hockey.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
same here in northern ontario - Persona cable

I had c-ice via expressvu for 6-7 ? or so years but moved into an apt building that doesnt allow dishes + the building doesnt face proper direction anyways

when I made the switch to Persona digital cable , the custumer service rep said ''yes , center ice is in their future plans '' ....so did the technician who did the install

but , when I emailed their marketing dept they sent me a reply saying they dont plan on carrying it now , or in the future -citing they want to add more movie /HD channels etc...and they dont really believe the #'s are there for them to make it worth their while to carry it .............yet , their custumer service reps and field tecks tell people otherwise ....nice , real nice

so , looks like I'll be watching the leafs alot this coming year :cry:

what also burns my ass is - Persona offers the 4 regional ctv sports nets but they have to black out the nhl games not in your area - I absolutely understand the blackouts and everything ---but why not offer some sort of pay per view service which would allow Persona custumers to ''buy '' all the games carried by the ctv regional sports nets (Flames,Oilers,Sens,) kinda like --make some money for themselves AND the NHL

alot people need to wakey wakey :rant:

Last edited:

Oilers Ent

Aug 31, 2002
Burnaby, BC
robandgen.blogspot.com
Isles72 said:
but why not offer some sort of pay per view service which would allow Persona custumers to ''buy '' all the games carried by the ctv regional sports nets (Flames,Oilers,Sens,) kinda like --make some money for themselves AND the NHL

There are also regional restrictions on PPV from the league office. Knock on their door about it. I already tried and got a bunch of wasted words combined into something they believed was a legitimate response.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
I voted with my wallet. Two years ago, I went and bought a Bell Express Vu system.

The cool thing is that I unhooked my two cable receivers, drove down to Shaw and plopped them on their counter. I said I wanted to cancel all my services. She said why, and I was outright and said "You don't carry NHL Centre Ice, so I bought a satellite system."

Eventually they will get the hint.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Just got the following reply,,

Thank you for contacting Shaw Eservice.

The NHL Center Ice Package is something we are closely monitoring to find
out how much public interest there is. We have had interest shown so far
and all of these comments/requests get forwarded to our Corporate Office for
further review.
We will forward on your interest for this channel to our Corporate Office
and encourage you to have anyone else you know that is interested to contact
us.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us by
phone 480-7429 between 7am to 9 pm Monday through Friday and 8am to 9pm
Saturday and Sunday (central time) or by email response. If you need further
assistance you may also visit our website at www.shaw.ca.

Thank You for choosing Shaw!
Sarah
Shaw Cablesystems
[email protected]
http://www.shaw.ca
For Internet or Email Technical Support, email [email protected]

When sending a reply to us, please remember to include all previous
correspondence

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I'd love to see Express Vu run some sort of Jared of Subway type commercial with a guy sounding off on how he can't get the NHL package on Shaw or MTS.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Bennysflyers16 said:
....translation upcoming....
Just got the following reply,,

We emailed the same sort of blah blah blah crap to slats432 in 2003. We don't really have any intention to carry NHL Center Ice, but in this politically correct world, we have to pay you lip service as opposed to telling you to go screw yourself.

If we did that, everyone would cancel their service and we would be out of business.

Truthfully, if you want Centre Ice, get a Bell Express Vu.

Thank You for choosing Shaw!
Sarah
Shaw Cablesystems
[email protected]
http://www.shaw.ca
For Internet or Email Technical Support, email [email protected]

When sending a reply to us, please remember to include all previous
correspondence

mooseOAK*

Bennysflyers16 said:
out how much public interest there is.
Free marketing advice.

It's the NHL. Your market is in Canada. If you can't sell that product then you shouldn't be in the cable business.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
mooseOAK said:
Free marketing advice.

It's the NHL. Your market is in Canada. If you can't sell that product then you shouldn't be in the cable business.

No doubt!!!!! Last year I had Direct Tv, But if I could get it legit,( while keeping digital cable, just don't like sattelites) I would pay in a second.

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
here's the reply i received:

out how much public interest there is
. We have had interest shown so far
further review.
us.

EDIT: falsely encouraging response. time for me to yell in someone's ear. :)

Last edited:

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
jericholic19 said:
here's the reply i received:

out how much public interest there is
. We have had interest shown so far
further review.
us.

Boys, keep sending them in. If there's enough displayed interest, it may come!

Read my post. Yours is the same as the lip service they give everyone. If they didn't, people would leave them en masse.

That is the same crap they spouted to me two years ago.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
True, but it doesn't hurt to keep contacting them, and letting them know how you feel.

As soon as I'm in a place that faces the right direction, I'm going satellite just for Centre Ice.

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
slats432 said:
Read my post. Yours is the same as the lip service they give everyone. If they didn't, people would leave them en masse.

That is the same crap they spouted to me two years ago.

I sorry. I realized a few moments later after having posted. It's good to expose how fake they truly are though. Bye bye shaw! I'm switching to satellite.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
BUMP

Ok, Shaw is now offering NFL Sunday Ticket. I called them again and they are still considering adding NHL Center Ice. Ring Those Phones!!!

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
hbk said:
BUMP

Ok, Shaw is now offering NFL Sunday Ticket. I called them again and they are still considering adding NHL Center Ice. Ring Those Phones!!!
I sent in my threatening email again. It's for a good cause.

Lorenzo1000

Sep 8, 2003
Winnipeg
You are wasting your time. ExpressVu's contract gave them exclusive rights to CentreIce in Canada for 5 years. I believe this coming year would be the last year unless it gets extended for one more year because of the lock out.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Rogers Digital had it a couple years back, unfortunatly they don't operate in several provinces. Shaw digital did let me buy a few Calgary games, on channel 200, the NHL as a 'movie option?' (I think I would have been able to buy Vancouver as well) at $10 a pop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->