Winnipeg buys out GM Ryan Archer

ThrashersGM

Dec 14, 2006
In a press release earlier today the Winnipeg Jets announced that they will not be retaining GM Ryan Archer in his position and have served him notice, buying out the remainder of his contract. This did not come as a shock to many as the GM did not even show up for the draft. GM Ryan Archer spoke about the press conference from his home in Toronto.

"It has been a great run and the fans in Atlanta really rallied behind the team. It took many years of patience to bring the team out of the brink of bankruptcy and restore pride and a winning attitude to this once broken franchise. I believe I had that patience and it paid off in the end. I promised the Atlanta fans a return to the playoffs and I was not able to deliver, this is my only regret. Now Atlanta will never taste the glory again with the movement of the team to Winnipeg. Along with the city change it is time for a new GM to take up the reigns and start a new legacy. I have not been able to uphold my duties in recent weeks due to many other commitments and the management of Winnipeg have decided to go another direction. This is their prerogative and I accept the consequences of my actions. I have had many great dealings with GMs in the league and want to thank them and wish them the best. I leave with only good memories of the HFNHL. It is with sadness that I can not continue in my post and see my labours come to fruition. Thanks for everything and farewell."

Many speculate on who will be the next GM and what direction he will take the team. The fans in Atlanta will always know that the captain went down with his ship and Winnipeg fans will surely miss what could been with GM Archer at the helm.

Good luck guys, I had a good time in this league and it is unfortunate it had to end this way. I really liked being a part of the HFNHL, but rules are rules. My league is in the process of switching to the STHS simulator and could always use a few good GMs :)

peace!
Ryan Archer

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
You did an amazing job with your team, Ryan. Sucks to see you have to leave it but as you said, rules are rules. Fantastic work with your squad and the next GM will be fortunate for your tenure.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Great article, Ryan.

Odd indeed how art imitates life, but I suspect the HFNHL Winnipeg will make the playoffs before the NHL's.

Best wishes for another successful season in your league, along with a smooth transition to STHL.

And congrats again on the little one - hope Fathers' Day was good to you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad