Proposal: Winnipeg - Boston

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Stanley and a fourth round pick for Grzelcyk

Winnipeg gets an puck moving defenseman who idealy is played on third line and is and is an UFA after this season. This gives them depth for the playoffs.

Boston is getting a defenseman who had some rough seasons the last two years and asked for a trade in the offseason. Still they do this because there is a need for an stay at home defenseman on the third line.

Reactions: Mick Riddleton

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I don’t know who Stanley is but I can say that it’s probably a bad deal for Winnipeg

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Stanley and a fourth round pick for Grzelcyk

Winnipeg gets an puck moving defenseman who idealy is played on third line and is and is an UFA after this season. This gives them depth for the playoffs.

Boston is getting a defenseman who had some rough seasons the last two years and asked for a trade in the offseason. Still they do this because there is a need for an stay at home defenseman on the third line.
don't see winnipeg being interested in this at all, would rather use cap space on someone that will get into the lineup

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Would be a tremendous deal for us (disregarding the fact that it would be a depth addition, hilariously), but I fail to see what this achieves for the Bruins.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Parther Wotherspoon has been like found money for Sweeney and Forbort is back playing again so there's not much need for another 3rd pairing LD at the moment.

I'm not sure what the plan is with Grz, who hasn't been as good as he normally is during the regular season. They could keep him for more depth and let him walk in the offseason, which I'm fine with.

The past two seasons, the Bruins have injected size/reach upgrades at the trade deadline to try and shelter Grz in the playoffs. Whether or not that's the plan again is unknown but the upgrade would be for the top pairing, which Stanley is far from being.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Even if the Bruins think Lohrei is ready, I’m just not seeing a need for a depth D for depth D move. Doesn’t really move the needle for the Bruins IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad