OT: Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2024 Season Thread - Pre-Season starts Mon May 20 at Sask 3pm (Watch on CFL+)

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
And who would have the knowledge of what's going on? Might it be...the CFL? Who JUST MADE THE DECISION TO SUSPEND HIM NINE GAMES? Funny that.

Take your culture war BS elsewhere. It's not the place.
Culture war? Give me a break. Let me guess you're going to declare me a Trumper because Im not willing to immediately jump on the bus to crucify Kelly.

Ambrosie has literally fkd up everything else he's done as league commissioner but sure let's all blindly believe their consultants report. Most likely, a consultant that issued a report based on the league's PR and potential liability.

Suspending him pending the outcome of the trial - you know like the system that our society is based on... or until the charges are thrown out.

There is no culture war to still believe that someone is innocent until proven guilty.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Interesting discussion re: Kelly...

I have to admit I hate the last number of years with "group think" and landslide jumping on people and issues without due process... I believe in due process regarding serious issues and peoples "lives/livelihood"...

I also understand the CFL's tack... yes they are possibly circumventing liability... and that may work and it may not... that is any organization's burden...

Last I checked it wasn't the CFL's management that did not act on the possible behavior against the trainer... it was the Argo's management possibly... a lot of possible's...

That is the slippery slope of managing a workspace... and especially in today's climate of victimhood and "culture wars"... everyone seems to be entitled to their outrage...

This is the rub... the failure of anyone on either side in getting ahead of themselves on issues such as these... they are wrought with peril...

No easy way out... easy to condemn... no one seems to have the patience to allow the right things to play out these days...

I had a number of incidences involving accusations against persons in my organizations re: "sexual misconduct" and even one involving a 275lb man accusing other men of "sexual harrasment"...

All situations were dismissed... or dropped eventually "voluntarily"... these events were 25 plus years ago... not in today's climate... it was a sensitive issue then... now it's crazy entitlement...

My organizations and management teams dealt with things promptly... rarely let things slide and recorded the shit out of any and all events... especially concerning staff conduct...

I suppose it depends what kind of World people want... an emotional entitled one or an orderly just one...

I will take the latter...

But who am I... ?

Flame away...

Reactions: Jets 31

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Not a big fan of the bye weeks especially the one in August where the Bombers are essentially off for close to 3 weeks, between games, kinda forget about the team and CFL then…….

just another poor schedule overall, CFL never learns….

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019

I have to admit I hate the last number of years with "group think" and landslide jumping on people and issues without due process... I believe in due process regarding serious issues and peoples "lives/livelihood"...

I also understand the CFL's tack... yes they are possibly circumventing liability... and that may work and it may not... that is any organization's burden...

Last I checked it wasn't the CFL's management that did not act on the possible behavior against the trainer... it was the Argo's management possibly... a lot of possible's...

That is the slippery slope of managing a workspace... and especially in today's climate of victimhood and "culture wars"... everyone seems to be entitled to their outrage...

This is the rub... the failure of anyone on either side in getting ahead of themselves on issues such as these... they are wrought with peril...

No easy way out... easy to condemn... no one seems to have the patience to allow the right things to play out these days...

I had a number of incidences involving accusations against persons in my organizations re: "sexual misconduct" and even one involving a 275lb man accusing other men of "sexual harrasment"...

All situations were dismissed... or dropped eventually "voluntarily"... these events were 25 plus years ago... not in today's climate... it was a sensitive issue then... now it's crazy entitlement...

My organizations and management teams dealt with things promptly... rarely let things slide and recorded the shit out of any and all events... especially concerning staff conduct...

I suppose it depends what kind of World people want... an emotional entitled one or an orderly just one...

But who am I... ?

Flame away...
That's a nuanced view, and I respect that

I tend to try to avoid jumping to conclusions when I don't have 100% of the information. It's tough to do when I imagine my daughters in the trainers position, but then I put my son in the position of a man who is wrongly accused and that's tough to imagine, too

This is why we have the court system. "Innocent until proven guilty" is one of the bedrocks of our society. Unfortunately, it means that guilty people will get off in favor of fewer innocent people being convicted

In terms of a non-criminal issue like this, waters are even muddier. I'd essentially have to read the investigation's report. Since I don't have access, I just won't have an opinion on what happened

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

But who am I... ?

Flame away...

So what part of the Kelly thing are you objecting to here? Cause the CFL followed your book, the one they should.

They did not act immediately out of emotion or trying to cover themselves for PR. The CFL acted swiftly to hire a 3rd party to conduct an independent investigation while having the luxury to not need to take any immediate action due to the fact that it's the off-season. They awaited the results of that 3rd party investigation. Once they had the results of the 3rd party investigations they made a decision based on their workplace code of conduct.

Kelly is now exploring his options with regards to the appeals and the union CBA.

To me this looks all really by the book and everyone covered their bases pretty well. System working as intended.

I've worked myself up to management from on field role myself in a union workplace. I've been on both sides of the coin with regards to HR issues, codes of conduct, workplace rules, health and safety in various times of my career. People thinking people in power are some woke mob out to get everyone are just not in the know as to what actually goes on. No one I've ever worked for or with wants to cost someone their job, suspend people, or anything like that. But workplaces have rules and codes of conduct for a reason. No they were not "innocent until proven guilty" cause workplaces aren't a court of law, that's nonsense. They are also not "guilty until proven innocent". We conduct an investigation to the matter and do what needs to be done with regards to protecting our staff and company. Most cases end up being nothing, very few select cases rise to discipline. In extremely rare situations yeah I've had to terminate people's employment. That's how it works.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
So what part of the Kelly thing are you objecting to here? Cause the CFL followed your book, the one they should.

They did not act immediately out of emotion or trying to cover themselves for PR. The CFL acted swiftly to hire a 3rd party to conduct an independent investigation while having the luxury to not need to take any immediate action due to the fact that it's the off-season. They awaited the results of that 3rd party investigation. Once they had the results of the 3rd party investigations they made a decision based on their workplace code of conduct.

Kelly is now exploring his options with regards to the appeals and the union CBA.

To me this looks all really by the book and everyone covered their bases pretty well. System working as intended.

I've worked myself up to management from on field role myself in a union workplace. I've been on both sides of the coin with regards to HR issues, codes of conduct, workplace rules, health and safety in various times of my career. People thinking people in power are some woke mob out to get everyone are just not in the know as to what actually goes on. No one I've ever worked for or with wants to cost someone their job, suspend people, or anything like that. But workplaces have rules and codes of conduct for a reason. No they were not "innocent until proven guilty" cause workplaces aren't a court of law, that's nonsense. They are also not "guilty until proven innocent". We conduct an investigation to the matter and do what needs to be done with regards to protecting our staff and company. Most cases end up being nothing, very few select cases rise to discipline. In extremely rare situations yeah I've had to terminate people's employment. That's how it works.

I'm objecting to present day outlook of today's "culture"... default positions and cul de sac's for those accused... it seems more than a little destructive...

I'm very aware of workplace environments... I too had to make similar moves to what you are suggesting re: 3rd party CFL has done... that is their choice... and their burden...

Time will hold judgement positive or negative on the CFL...

My statement at the end would suggest my view... emotions run high between posters here at times and it seems wasteful on their part to personalize it and lash out...

I was laying out today's environments in the workplace are even more charged almost with a entitlement to extremes...

I more than suggested extremes are fraught with peril and ill advised...

I would suggest patience... and hope for a just outcome... a sincere wish for anyone today...

That is all...

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I'm objecting to present day outlook of today's "culture"... default positions and cul de sac's for those accused... it seems more than a little destructive...

I'm very aware of workplace environments... I too had to make similar moves to what you are suggesting re: 3rd party CFL has done... that is their choice... and their burden...

Time will hold judgement positive or negative on the CFL...

My statement at the end would suggest my view... emotions run high between posters here at times and it seems wasteful on their part to personalize it and lash out...

I was laying out today's environments in the workplace are even more charged almost with a entitlement to extremes...

I more than suggested extremes are fraught with peril and ill advised...

I would suggest patience... and hope for a just outcome... a sincere wish for anyone today...

That is all...
CFL did an investigation and they came away that Kelly violated their workplace policies. They took disciplinary action. Kelly has the right to appeal their decision.

This is the calm patient just approach. Where's the extremes?

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Culture war? Give me a break. Let me guess you're going to declare me a Trumper because Im not willing to immediately jump on the bus to crucify Kelly.

Ambrosie has literally fkd up everything else he's done as league commissioner but sure let's all blindly believe their consultants report. Most likely, a consultant that issued a report based on the league's PR and potential liability.

Suspending him pending the outcome of the trial - you know like the system that our society is based on... or until the charges are thrown out.

There is no culture war to still believe that someone is innocent until proven guilty.
The CFL is not the legal system though. They don't have to wait for a trial or legal proceedings to render a decision.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Extreme’s are when persons just want things there way…

Sounds familiar..
Um OK, so this has nothing to do with anything. Continue on there with non-sequiturs. If the sounds familiar comment is supposed to be directed at me go ahead and show me where I've "just wanted things my way" regardless of the facts. I'll wait.

Kelly broke the rules according to the CFL. He's paying the price. This woman lost her job. She paid a heavier price than Kelly, and she did nothing wrong that were aware of. Actions have consequences.

Anyways camp opened today.

Sone footage of Milt in action.

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
CFL did an investigation and they came away that Kelly violated their workplace policies. They took disciplinary action. Kelly has the right to appeal their decision.

This is the calm patient just approach. Where's the extremes?
Either way, between this and the East Final, Kelly definitely seems to have a problem with making errant passes.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
  • Wow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad