OT: Bombers 2021 Season - Elk Meat = Delicious. 6-1. Hunting Big Game next v Lions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
EnPT0W8XYAAvH4K

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Apparently it's a requirement that Bombers only play on Thursdays until after Labour Day. 6/10 games before Labour Day are Thursdays, including 3/5 home games are Thursdays. That's a ton of time off I need to book from work. Very super frusterating.

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
Apparently it's a requirement that Bombers only play on Thursdays until after Labour Day. 6/10 games before Labour Day are Thursdays, including 3/5 home games are Thursdays. That's a ton of time off I need to book from work. Very super frusterating.
The team probably should've consulted with you before their request. That's very selfish of them. Sorry, dude.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
The team probably should've consulted with you before their request. That's very selfish of them. Sorry, dude.

Sorry I guess they only needed your opinion to make a decision. My bad.

Seriously though Thursday games are the f***ing worst. Bombers have consistently flip flopped on their stance to them, but to me and everyone I go to games with (about 30-40 ppl) we mostly hate it. The retired ppl don't care but if you have a job Thursday games a just a f***ing killer. Ruins any chance of us spending money at the stadium.

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
Count me as the guy who's at the lake every weekend. Thursday games no problem. I still get drunk af and lose money on a 50/50

Reactions: Jet

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Will the season start on time?

Well, that's not really the question that should be on the minds of Bomber fans. It's will the covid situation have improved enough here that the government will allow people to attend games? So far, Manitoba is demonstrating a complete inability to control the spread of the virus. Compared to other provinces, we're a disgrace. We might as well be a US state. Don't expect widespread vaccine distribution before the summer and even if it's available, it won't do any good if people are refusing to get it. So, if all the other CFL cities have their infections under control to the point that stadiums can open their doors, do you think they will hold everything up to wait for Manitoba to catch up? I don't.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Heard Dave Naylor on the radio telling me how good the Argos QB situation is with a winner like Nichols as a starter and Macbeth as a back up when Nichols inevitably gets hurt.

That was a good laugh. Nichols is a bum, they dont have the best RB in the league to shelter him or good enough Oline to do anything and Dinwiddie's brain is too clogged with bong resin to come up with a game plan to cover the fact Nichols can't throw over 3 yards.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
It was a bummer as all summer and fall My planner kept popping up reminders of the upcoming Bomber games...

Yes... I know... I could have cancelled all the reminders...

There are two sides to those reminders... the crushing loss at seeing them...

And the optimistic outlook I always choose in the face of hardship... the path forward...

Looking forward to next Bombers season... always...

I miss the games... the energy in the stands...

I miss My fellow season ticket holders in our section...

My clients miss going to the games with My corporate seats... we are always talking about the possibilities for next season...

In the meantime...

tumblr_p21mbpCcGf1toamj8o1_500.gif

:popcorn:

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
If anyone's interested, CFL released 1st and 2nd "All-Decade" Teams
Votes Are In: CFL unveils All-Decade Team - CFL.ca

1st team Bombers: Harris, Bowman, Dressler, Bryant, LaBatte, Bighill, Johnson, Medlock, Miller
2nd team Bombers: Jefferson, Willis, Muamba
I think Jefferson actually belongs on the all decade team, he just doesn't have the longevity yet.
I think he's the best athlete in the CFL. Guy is like a men against boys out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad