Proposal: Winnipeg and Ottawa

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Not sure why Ottawa would do this?
As a Jet fan, this will only happen on the floor on the draftday if every player I wanted is gone.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I don’t think Ottawa would give you Brannstrom Straight across for 10th overall lol

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
Dorion on acquiring Brannstrom...

“I know our fans might look at the short term, but trust me, long-term, this guy is a star. We have never traded for a player of this calibre...”

Dorion could be wrong of course, but the way he values Brannstrom there is zero chance he trades him for 10oa, and I’d say that given their current position in the draft they probably wouldn’t trade him for any pick after #2.

I don’t see Ottawa and Winnipeg as good trade partners for D. Neither team has enough depth to lose a good one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Qward and jamiebez

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Branstrom is right where you want recent high picks to be
Why does Ott move him?
Why does Ott add?

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Doesn't really make much sense for Ottawa. Brannstrom fits Ottawa's rebuild perfectly; he should hit his prime in a few years when the sens are ready to contend. If Brannstrom is going to WPG, it's part of a package for Laine/Ehlers. And that's not gonna happen.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Why would Ottawa do this...
Because they take Drysdale at the 5 spot then get one of Holtz, Rossi, Sanderson, Perfetti, Raymond or Quinn at the 10 spot.

Senseless for Ottawa. Brannstrom and Chabot will be a mainstay on their top pair for years to come.
They both play LD and are both puck movers so I dont see it. I value 10th OA more than Brannstrom, the sens would be getting a top 5 pick caliber forward at 10 this year this drafts top 10 is very deep. Winnipeg needs D men so I thought it might be a good fit for both sides.

Doesn't really make much sense for Ottawa. Brannstrom fits Ottawa's rebuild perfectly; he should hit his prime in a few years when the sens are ready to contend. If Brannstrom is going to WPG, it's part of a package for Laine/Ehlers. And that's not gonna happen.
With Chabot, Wolanin, Thomson, Bernard-Docker and under this assumption Drysdale I think it would be the right move. They would get a first line caliber forward to go with whoever they get at 3.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I don’t want to give up on Brannstrom, pass from me. Package that 1st with a couple 2nds and then see how high we can move up

Reactions: BoardsofCanada

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
They both play LD and are both puck movers so I dont see it. I value 10th OA more than Brannstrom, the sens would be getting a top 5 pick caliber forward at 10 this year this drafts top 10 is very deep. Winnipeg needs D men so I thought it might be a good fit for both sides.

Brannstrom is only 21. I'd value him higher right now than the 10th.

As a Jets fan I'd take it but no reason Ottawa does.

Reactions: mondo3

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
Fair enough, I think I explained why Ottawa could consider it but all good!
I don’t think it is a bad idea for Ottawa to try to grab another top 10 pick, so all of that logic around picking 2 forwards and one of Sanderson/Drysdale is sound. Your valuation of Brannstrom is off though. Ottawa values him way higher than that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad