Friedman: Winnipeg and Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
'' 15. The Winnipeg Free Press’s Mike McIntyre had a trade rumour last week involving Kyle Connor and Bowen Byram. (The actual one I heard was Connor for Byram and Vladeslav Kamenev.) ''

31 Thoughts: Will NHL players suit up at 2022 Winter Games? - Sportsnet.ca

I was wondering what you guys were thinking about this trade suggestion.

I feel like it's faire and would make sens for both team. (Trust me I would keep Byram but this sounds like a fair deal to me.)

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Trading Byram in division scares the ever living crap out of me but Connor is a hell of a player. I'd say value is about right with the + being Vlad Kam from the Avs side but I still think both teams would hesitate to do this big of a move to a divisional rival (probably means that value is about right).

Reactions: ETTHAKING67

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
The move you kind of have to make given the unforeseen Buff situation. Also helps with cap and keeps that window open.

But man, Connor is a hell of a player to give up.

BPD

Jul 7, 2009
New York City
It's probably close to fair value. I'm just not really sure why Winnipeg wants to trade Connor, nor do I get why the Avs would deal Byram. The Avs have some questions on LD to answer and Byram is likely the answer. The Jets have a ton of wings, but trading the most cost certain and highest ROI (as of now, anyway) of them isn't likely the answer.

They're probably good partners for something different - perhaps around Ehlers.

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
It's probably close to fair value. I'm just not really sure why Winnipeg wants to trade Connor, nor do I get why the Avs would deal Byram. The Avs have some questions on LD to answer and Byram is likely the answer. The Jets have a ton of wings, but trading the most cost certain and highest ROI (as of now, anyway) of them isn't likely the answer.

You are not wrong but at the same time the jets need to find a way to be as competitive as possible with the core they have right now and they absolutely need big help on defence and Connor give them a better return than Ehlers.

Also Avs LD is not great but fine with Graves,Girard,Zadorov,etc.

Last edited:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Honestly the Avs have more questions on the Right side of the defense than they do the Left.

Byram would also likely be 2-3 years away from being an impact level Top 4 Dman for the Avs while Connor would be a huge add to our Top 6 group now and for the next 6 years.

Personally as an Avs fan I'd do it. Makes us significantly better now and for the next 2 years at least. And theres always the chance Byram never comes close to his ceiling and the Avs win big long term.

But I completely understand both sides of the deal for both teams. It's a risky deal for everyone.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Interesting. Avs fans here say Byram for Connor is a fair deal. Yet other threads have Avs fans screaming no thanks for a winger and Alex debrincat is not worth giving up Byram for, despite him already having better ceiling and career highs than Connor in just his third year and still on his ELC

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
I don't see the Jets trading their 23 year old, point per game player that is signed long-term. If they were Byram would be a great starting piece, but he's still just potential at this point and the Jets are still in the fight for a playoff spot.

Selzoons

Mar 3, 2018
The second half was conveniently left out of the OP:

There were multiple denials when I looked into it. I do think Kamenev wants more of an opportunity to play.

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
Interesting. Avs fans here say Byram for Connor is a fair deal. Yet other threads have Avs fans screaming no thanks for a winger and Alex debrincat is not worth giving up Byram for, despite him already having better ceiling and career highs than Connor in just his third year and still on his ELC

He put up more points last year, but is on pace for significantly less this year. And higher ceiling? Based on what? One season with more points? Honestly the biggest difference in value between the two is contract based, with Connor having more cost certainty moving forward and Debrincat becoming an RFA at the end of his. Which a GM would prefer likely depends on personal preference and team cap situation.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Jets would be stupid to move Connor for an unproven prospect no matter how much potential is oozing out of him. They need D help now, so if there's a move to be made for them, an established player should be the route to take for such a valuable piece currently producing at a PPG pace.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Already have a thread on this exact rumour, don’t need two. Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad