**** Winnipeg Airports

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
What a load of crap! Tell the planes to circle around. I'm sorry, but these planes probably had plenty of fuel to circle around. It's not like it was some nutjob human that decided to jump onto the runway and cause a distraction. The dog doesn't know any better. This pisses me off. I'm sorry, but I have a soft heart when it comes to animals. This video hits me hard. I'd be the same way.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
What a load of crap! Tell the planes to circle around. I'm sorry, but these planes probably had plenty of fuel to circle around. It's not like it was some nutjob human that decided to jump onto the runway and cause a distraction. The dog doesn't know any better. This pisses me off. I'm sorry, but I have a soft heart when it comes to animals. This video hits me hard. I'd be the same way.

US cops shoot something like 10,000 dogs a year. It's certainly not a last resort for them. Police trot out the "dog was interfering with normal course of business" line too. The credulity of the people who still buy that story is simply staggering.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
US cops shoot something like 10,000 dogs a year. It's certainly not a last resort for them. Police trot out the "dog was interfering with normal course of business" line too. The credulity of the people who still buy that story is simply staggering.

Oh I know. It's terrible. Do they not have dogs of their own? If the dog was interfering with the cop with their business, why would someone breaking the law be able to get in that area? Man now I'm hot.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Nobody is asking the obvious question; what exactly were they afraid would happen if the dog was on the runway?

The odds of the dog being run over are slim, but even if it was hit, it's not like it's going to cause any damage to the plane

So they killed it because there was a small chance it could've been killed by a plane?

It doesn't seem like they thought things through

Last edited:

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
Nobody is asking the obvious question; what exactly were they afraid would happen if the dog was on the runway?

The odds of the dog being run over are slim, but even it was hit, it's not like it's going to cause any damage to the plane

So they killed it because there was a small chance it could've been killed by a plane?

It doesn't seem like they thought things through

Of course, you think that planes are so tough that they can't be damaged. :rolleyes:

Quite clear that too many of you are thinking with something south of the border than with your brains.

CRM 114

Mar 17, 2018

Exactly. Planes typically have enough fuel to make it to their destination and back.

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
Compared to the ***** on this thread, the most aggrieved came out with the correct response.

As for the rest of you, if you want your pod and peas back, just ask. I have your names on the jars they are stored in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad