Post-Game Talk: Winning Is Better (Jets 5 Nucks 1)

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Nice win. I was really looking for a strong performance from Helle because he has had his save percentage slip the last couple weeks. He looked very sharp tonight. We'll need that with some injuries and a tough schedule coming.

Poolman is impressive.

As for the Canucks, living in BC makes the victory extra special. Someone at work inevitably mumbles under their breath 'You team is pretty good' at least once throughout the next day.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
D TOI

Myers 23:24
Trouba 23:14
Morrissey 21:21
Kulikov 18:31
Chiarot 15:51
Poolman 13:33

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Top 2 lines were not good (on the 2nd line only Little and Laine were bad, Ehlers did his best). Edit: Sounds like Wheeler was sick... my bad. With 13 minutes left in the 3rd and the Jets up 4-1. Scheifele makes such an awful play in neutral zone trying to force offence and it comes back to the Jets end resulting in a scoring chance. That play is symptomatic of that line and they make that kind of a play few times each game, absolutely baffling. An elite #1 C does not make plays like that.

Lowry and Perreault lines were good.

The score flattered the Jets. With all due respect to the Canucks the Jets would be eaten alive if they play like this against the actual good teams in the NHL.

Morrissey was fantastic.

Myers need to pass the puck faster.

Why were our d-men backing off defending the blue line against the Sedins? Are they worried that the Sedins were going to blow past them? Jagr has better odds of doing that.

I'll take the 2 points but I take no pleasure in that game. Play this way against Chicago and they are in for a world of pain.

Edit: Helle was awesome, great presence of mind on the EN and that one play where the Canuck player had gotten behind the Jets D with the puck and he poked it off of him

Last edited:

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
This was a game we should of won, and we did. Good teams do that.

The boys need a proper day off away from the rink.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Considering this is the toughest stretch of the season, it's good to have some points banked. Helle is what? 11-0-1 at home? I can't wait to see what kind of hay the jets can make in February, when they're basically at home the whole month!

I know Hendricks isn't the best hockey player in World, but you have to respect him. He's putting a puck into an empty net and a point per game guy tips it. For Hendricks, his production this year might be the difference between getting another contract or not. What's his first reaction? Laughing and going to grab the puck for perreaults 100th goal. What a team player!!

Ukkosenjumala

Nov 24, 2017
Finland
Haven't seen much talk of big losing streaks around here tho, the angst after a loss on PGT's doesn't tell you much of peoples true sentiments. Tonight was a solid win but at this point It's about whether or not they can build those 3-4 game win streaks like they did earlier in the season or do they regress to struggling to win 2 in a row. You generally want to see an upward trend towards the end of the season and not the other way as minnesota last year would attest to, making the playoffs at this point should be pretty safe but you want to head into the playoffs with momentum. This ofc is a little premature at this point, like I said earlier I would be ok with them going around 50-50 till they get that big home game stretch at the end of January.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I'm confused didn't we just win?? Yet so much negativity on here.

We just finished 15 games in the last 28 days that included trips to California and Florida. I think people forget how gruelling this game is. We didn't win them all. We went 9-4-2. That's pretty darn good.

I don't want to use the schedule as an excuse at all. I just wanted to add this for context about the big picture.

So yes I agree......we need more positivity

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
OjuGsnk.jpg

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
With 13 minutes left in the 3rd and the Jets up 4-1. Scheifele makes such an awful play in neutral zone trying to force offence and it comes back to the Jets end resulting in a scoring chance. That play is symptomatic of that line and they make that kind of a play few times each game, absolutely baffling. An elite #1 C does not make plays like that.
mcdavid is not an elite #1 C using this logic

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Perreault and Armia disgustingly misused again. By far the best forwards tonight and i lost count how many times the old school genius skipped their shift.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Perreault and Armia disgustingly misused again. By far the best forwards tonight and i lost count how many times the old school genius skipped their shift.
I thought Ehlers was the best forward. Nothing can be disgusting when you win and win handedly.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
If the Jets played Copp at C:

CSW
ELL
Perreault Lowry Armia
Matthias/Dano Copp Tanev

It's cute and all to have Hendricks but that's 3 lines than can score and lots of hustle on the 4th

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->