Post-Game Talk: Winning Is Better (Jets 5 Nucks 1)

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
When the gritty, lovable 4th liner on your team is about to score an empty net goal

4383.png
Perreault getting lots of love from Button on the "Post game" I liked the way he put it; that having a player like Perreault (with all the other talent on the team) is a luxury for the Jets.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
You're right, it's just another miracle by 4th line Jesus. Hendricks with another primary assist, what a playmaker! :)

I'm just ****ing around by the way, everyone. Not picking on anyone tonight.

The white text is no longer hidden here ;)

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
HF Jets crisis averted with a nice effort. Secondary assist to the refs on this one.

Nice work by PP2. I mean Wheeler tried his best nominating himself as trigger man over Schief and Laine but to no avail.

Instincts

Jan 11, 2012
Good win over Canucks. I have no doubt we win the game versus Hawks, start winning streak again?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Being able to kill a team with the 4th line match up, really is starting to be a little bit of an ace in the hole for us. As long as we can manage it, a very nice competitive advantage.

Reactions: DRC

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Being able to kill a team with the 4th line match up, really is starting to be a little bit of an ace in the hole for us. As long as we can manage it, a very nice competitive advantage.

The trick is getting them enough minutes to keep them engaged in the game. I felt we got away from that on the road trip and they weren't all that effective.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Let’s keep a close eye on our goals against average while Poolman is in for Buff. Watch it plummet!
Good for at least one goal per game less.
Poolman needs to be in this lineup full time. So steady and safe.

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
Wheeler and Scheifele looked gassed. All those minutes are really catching up to them. I think Moe needs to allocate them a bit better moving forward.
I thought Schief was still strong on the puck all night. Just didn't move the puck like he can.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Jets were blitzed in the first period but once Van slowed down to normal it was clear who the better team was. Great game by Morrissey-Trouba, Lowry line, and Ehlers. Little had a bad game couldn't handle the puck at all. Laine still refusing to shoot and looks for passes too much. Byfuglien completely invisible. All in all, it was a good game and I am glad I watched it.
:biglaugh:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Quick thoughts...

CSW - Connor was terrific again. I love his pace of play and how he makes good plays very quickly. Wheeler had his stone hands. Scheifele was good on offense and not so good on D, but what else is new.

ELL - Ehlers was flying. Should I feel guilty that I love it when he tortures the Canucks and reminds them that they should have drafted him? Little was skating okay but still doesn't have his A game. I didn't think Laine was as bad as some are posting. He lacked zip, but still made a number of very good plays. He's becoming a beast physically - hard to move off the puck.

CLT - Another stellar game. Lowry just gets better and better. That play to set up Morrissey was nice. Copp with another really strong game. He's solid in all aspects. He has a great release on his shot. Tanev worked hard, but seems a bit worn down.

PHA - Great game by Perreault. Best forward. Armia is really on his game. Nice to see some offense. That near goal likely cements Hendricks on the line for some time, unfortunately.

44-8 Trouba struggled with the puck, but was strong without the puck. Morrissey was outstanding.

5-57 Solid game for Kulikov, other than a couple of poor gambles. Myers was okay, but I'd prefer more passing and less skating sometimes.

7-3 Slow start for Pooolman, but he was steady later in the game. Chiarot was okay.

Hellebuyck with a very strong game.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
By the way, why is the ice so bad so often in Winnipeg. With such a fast and skilled team, it would be nice if they didn't have to play spongey.

Reactions: Runforthecup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->