Post-Game Talk: Winning Is Better (Jets 5 Nucks 1)

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
It's the humidity inside the MTSC. I think keeping the doors closed between periods is actually making it worse - less cold, dry outdoor air is being exchanged with warm, humid indoor air. You've also got a few extra thousand humans breathing between periods.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
It's the humidity inside the MTSC. I think keeping the doors closed between periods is actually making it worse - less cold, dry outdoor air is being exchanged with warm, humid indoor air. You've also got a few extra thousand humans breathing between periods.
Whatever the problem, they need to fix it. The Jets will be more competitive with good ice, and the game is much more entertaining for fans if the ice is better and plays can be made.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I think PS a couple posts up makes a very good point on the long term health benefits of giving MP some softer usage. In the short term he is also killing it on the score sheet with the mismatch. And he can be moved up in a heartbeat if needed. Seems like a pretty good situation for the Jets.

I’ve thought this also. Better to use MP sparingly in situations where he can cause the most damage without sustaining any himself. Much as I love him as a player — and he has been at times the biggest difference-maker on the team — he seems to perform well with less ice time and doesn’t need much to make an impact. I feel like the CLT line can also pick up a bit more time in order to give 55/26/81 a break.

Reactions: adammlis

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
Cool to read about the little things people appreciate when watching the Jets. Would make a good thread of its own. I would add a few: Ehlers sudden acceleration through the neutral zone (it takes me out of my seat), and everything Tanev does on the ice..can't take my eyes off that guy when he is out there.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I love watching Armia work along the boards in the o-zone, he has such high end skill. His puck pursuit is also a treat, it's amazing how often he turns the puck back over.

Yep. There was a sequence last night (1st or 3rd) when he went 1 on 2 along the left boards in the o-zone and won the puck back about 5 times before feeding it back out to the slot. Didn't result in a great scoring chance but he was doing shoulder-checks and looking behind him the whole time, playing the puck and looking for the pass. Pretty impressive, and won him a nice ovation from the crowd.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm fine with shortening the bench, but play whomever is playing the best that night more. Seems way too often that he shortens guys out even when they are having a very good game (for their standards), and puts his top guys out there time and again for extended stretches despite the fact that they are obviously tired and/or playing crappy that night. That's the job of a coach -- to recognize who is having a good game & to reward them for it, and to recognize who is obviously off that night & to play them accordingly (even if its some of your traditionally best players).
You play your top guys when you need something to happen because they are the ones that predominantly carry the load for you. Just because P-H-A are having a good game against the other team's 4th line doesn't mean they are all of a sudden going to light it up against Stamkos and Kucherov. Even if some of your top guys are a bit off they are the ones that give you the best chance to win. Guys like Scheifele and Laine can turn a game on a dime given an opportunity even if they have been a bit off. Even if P.Kane has an off night on Thursday, do you think there is any chance in the world that coach Q isn't riding him if the are a goal down in the 3rd? It is not about rewarding it is about your best chance to win. These guys are pros and know their roles.

Reactions: Huffer and ps241

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Your typo caused me to read this in a Boston accent :)

Not only are we on the way up, but we are at the very beginnings of the journey still with the average age of the team and the prospects still in the pipeline. It's a great place to be.

> use $5 word like "amelioration"
> misspell "year"

FML

But, glad you got some Bawhston accent goodness out of it. I almost started picking one up just from playing Fallout 4. I even told the good lady I was gonna make us some meatball spuckies for dinner one night.

Reactions: Howard Chuck

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Alpha, I really think that our fans will eventually adjust to having a good team and develop confidence in management and in the long term outlook. I understand how some fans here find it hard to recover from JETS PTSD. It has been painful to be a Jets fan for a long time. Many of us a over it though. GJG!

In time, they will come around. But I think you're right. So much disappointment for so long. :P

Reactions: larmex99

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Aint worried about them getting another top 3 pick. Even with new management and coaching they will find away to screw it up. I just feel sorry for the pick
79bc3200-e936-11e4-a099-a7ed965e4f0b_CC6fP7wVIAAx6jl.jpg

As the old joke went, "Connor McDavid lost the draft lottery"

Reactions: Aggie204

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad