Confirmed with Link: Winnik plus '16 5th (Anaheim's) for Laich (no retention), Carrick, '16 2nd

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Laich left the team for undisclosed "personal reasons". I would assume it's maybe a death in the family, and he'll be back.

Carrick has been great paired with Jake Gardiner. Really involved offensively, sound on defense thus far.

Hope Winnik is playing well.

2 goals in the last game against Predators. Not bad.:handclap:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
2 goals in the last game against Predators. Not bad.:handclap:

Great to hear. Winny is awesome. Just does everything right. Offense is a bonus.

Have you guys heard anything on Laich? What this personal reason is? Seems to have come out of no where.

I would assume it's a death, but the Leafs usually release if it is one. The fact that it's undisclosed kinda makes me worry.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Laich left the team for undisclosed "personal reasons". I would assume it's maybe a death in the family, and he'll be back.

Carrick has been great paired with Jake Gardiner. Really involved offensively, sound on defense thus far.

Hope Winnik is playing well.

Wait Carrick has been GREAT and SOUND on D!?! I'm sure half the people reading that fell out of their chairs. I always felt like the kid was an NHL'er, just not in DC.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Wait Carrick has been GREAT and SOUND on D!?! I'm sure half the people reading that fell out of their chairs. I always felt like the kid was an NHL'er, just not in DC.

CF% of 57% as well.

Average OPPCF% is 49.2%

His PDO is low @ 92.7% as well.

Scoring at a 30 point pace.

Only 14 games, but it certainly looked promising.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
CF% of 57% as well.

Average OPPCF% is 49.2%

His PDO is low @ 92.7% as well.

Scoring at a 30 point pace.

Only 14 games, but it certainly looked promising.

Great for Carrick. I was always a fan of his but felt his size would preclude him from being a full time NHLer. He was manhandled in the corners and in front of the net.

Bummer to hear about Laich. Maybe it's something to do with his fiancee and her family? With her celebrity they tend to keep those things close to the vest unless/until they release a PR statement.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Great for Carrick. I was always a fan of his but felt his size would preclude him from being a full time NHLer. He was manhandled in the corners and in front of the net.

Bummer to hear about Laich. Maybe it's something to do with his fiancee and her family? With her celebrity they tend to keep those things close to the vest unless/until they release a PR statement.

That would make sense.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

I always thought he had the tools, just no opportunity to cut his teeth here with the high team expectations. Similar sized guys with similar toolboxes have made the NHL. Kwiatkowski was an NHL'er (gods help us) and Carrick seems to have more upside to these eyes.

Watch engagement called off. life upside down....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad