Confirmed with Link: Winnik plus '16 5th (Anaheim's) for Laich (no retention), Carrick, '16 2nd

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Lang I'm watching the game as well, you're comparing Laich's play to the other players in blue jersies, of course he'll look okay when this is the first NHL game for 4 of the Leafs. But seriously, he won a face off but other than that he can no longer get separation from a d-man along the boards when he tries to chip it past them.

He's been like that for a while. It was the same thing when Chris Clark was washed up. Can't get by anyone, try to dump and chase to yourself, still lose that battle.

He's probably all out of gears.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Laich with a lazy turnover in the offensive zone that eventually leads to TB clearing the zone and later scoring. Carrick on the ice for the goal but it was incredibly soft

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
He's been like that for a while. It was the same thing when Chris Clark was washed up. Can't get by anyone, try to dump and chase to yourself, still lose that battle.

He's probably all out of gears.

Now he and Carrick have their first minuses for the Leafs as the Bolts score their 2nd goal. Leafs GDT none too happy with Carrick at this moment.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Carrick getting time with Morgan Riely on the 2nd PP unit. The Leafs fans blaming that one on Carrick are delusional. That goal was terrible and should have been saved. Plus, the brutal turnover right before by Marincin and Brown I believe

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Laich with a lazy turnover in the offensive zone that eventually leads to TB clearing the zone and later scoring. Carrick on the ice for the goal but it was incredibly soft

Yeah it looked like they were going to try to cycle and he just let the TB player come in and take it from him and offered no resistance or push back. Maybe the past 36 hours are catching up to him.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Yeah it looked like they were going to try to cycle and he just let the TB player come in and take it from him and offered no resistance or push back. Maybe the past 36 hours are catching up to him.

Probably. Also doesn't help that Laich and Carrick have no idea what system they are running :laugh:

Just out there skating around and having fun I guess

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Carrick settling in and looking a lot better. Interested to see if he gets in against Washington on Wednesday.

Laich with 1 shift so far in the 3rd and it was brutal

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Carrick with a nice hit on JT Brown and of course Brown doesn't like it and asks Carrick to drop the gloves and he accommodates. Brown got the better of Carrick but credit Carrick for standing up to him.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Carrick with a hit to the head and a fight already. It's good we already have Johansson as our goon.
Toronto doing the tank right, giving their NHL-ready AHL prospects some experience before the next season.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I'll be really curious to see how Carrick pans out for the Maple Leafs. I didn't think he'd amount to anything, too small, but thought he had the talent for it. Maybe he becomes some sort of utility player for them.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Carrick with a hit to the head and a fight already. It's good we already have Johansson as our goon.
Toronto doing the tank right, giving their NHL-ready AHL prospects some experience before the next season.

That was clean. Shame he had to stand up for himself for it but that's how it is anymore.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Did you watch that game? They gave the Lightning fits and it came down to a softie let in by the rookie goalie. They shouldn't win, but they definitely will play tough. Those kids are all going to be running on adrenaline
Yep, I did, and this team shouldn't be a threat for us at all. The adrenaline of playing the 1st NHL game will fade for the kids, their defense is bad and their goalie has little experience. I don't suggest to overlook them, but we should have a convincing win over the Leafs. Laich line was especially awful.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Yep, I did, and this team shouldn't be a threat for us at all. The adrenaline of playing the 1st NHL game will fade for the kids, their defense is bad and their goalie has little experience. I don't suggest to overlook them, but we should have a convincing win over the Leafs. Laich line was especially awful.

The adrenaline will be replaced by playing the best team in the league. It's not going to be an easy win

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Carrick wearing the Great 8! Well done kid. I've always thought he could be a bottom pair, maybe 2nd pp guy some day. I Wish him luck....

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

I laughed, but then I felt horrible about it. Seeing him wearing a Maple Leafs jersey turns my stomach.

@ZacBoyer

MacLellan said Laich tried to talk him out of it. "He expressed that he really wanted to be a part of it and win a Stanley Cup here."

Poor Brooksie

Laich probably begged GMBM to keep him in Washington. Stupid contract. If he was at league minimum, he would still be a Cap...

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Way to go Carrick! If he hit like that every game, certainly fewer would have wanted him to ever leave. He is getting his big chance and wants to wow the coaches. Good for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad