Winnik (and Stempniak) -- do they sign in the NHL this season?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
i think stempniak is just gonna be this year's gionta. #15 forward for minimum salary that costs no assets.

Is that really a good thing though? The Bruins had Cave, Cehlarik, Agostino, and Czarnik who are all in the NHL this season who had already played games last year. Eventually Gionta found his way into the line-up. I'd would of rather they just went with one of these guys if your down to your 15th guy meaning you out 3 regulars anyways. Same thing this year, maybe even-more so considering they've had quite a number of young players now this year play a decent number of games. Why not just give one of them the experience rather than a Stempniak who has really played essentially no game action in 10 months? Why are they developing these players if they can't trust them to be the 15th F.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Is that really a good thing though? The Bruins had Cave, Cehlarik, Agostino, and Czarnik who are all in the NHL this season who had already played games last year. Eventually Gionta found his way into the line-up. I'd would of rather they just went with one of these guys if your down to your 15th guy meaning you out 3 regulars anyways. Same thing this year, maybe even-more so considering they've had quite a number of young players now this year play a decent number of games. Why not just give one of them the experience rather than a Stempniak who has really played essentially no game action in 10 months? Why are they developing these players if they can't trust them to be the 15th F.

i don't think it's a big deal. it also depends on what they do between now and feb 25.
if they move out a few prospects, maybe they just need a depth guy. i don't see how
stempniak won't be as effective as a guy like wingels was last year.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
i don't think it's a big deal. it also depends on what they do between now and feb 25.
if they move out a few prospects, maybe they just need a depth guy. i don't see how
stempniak won't be as effective as a guy like wingels was last year.

Was Wingels effective though? Getting plastered the first game didn't help his cause, but I didn't think he was very good either. And just can't believe after no game action in 10 months that Stempniak at age 36 can in any way help the Bruins in today's league. Not with the rest of the league having essentially a 5 month start. And how much game time can they give him in the NHL down the stretch into March battling for a playoff spot if he's not quite up to speed? Were talking about a winger who'd be one of the 5 or 6 oldest forwards in the league. At his age, I just don't see it. The game is just way too fast.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Was Wingels effective though? Getting plastered the first game didn't help his cause, but I didn't think he was very good either. And just can't believe after no game action in 10 months that Stempniak at age 36 can in any way help the Bruins in today's league. Not with the rest of the league having essentially a 5 month start. And how much game time can they give him in the NHL down the stretch into March battling for a playoff spot if he's not quite up to speed? Were talking about a winger who'd be one of the 5 or 6 oldest forwards in the league. At his age, I just don't see it. The game is just way too fast.

i don't think he'll be terribly effective, just saying it seems like that's where this is trending. guy has been hanging
around all season. i'm fine with him as a depth guy. certainly better than a kid that's not ready. at the same time,
it's really not a big deal. not worth hand wringing over the 15F, IMO.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
If they sign him, Are they allowed to , immediately, put him
In Providence as part of the conditioning stint?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->