Post-Game Talk: Wings win! Jackets @ Wings 10-15-13

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013
Gustavsson
Zetterberg
Datsyuk

Goalie - Z - D.. pretty unoriginal. Pretty uninspiring game but nice to come away with the points.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Not the best win.

I felt like CBJ had way too many good chances. Did they end up outshooting us too? Gus came up big and looked a lot better/more comfortable than last game where he was really swimming out there.

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia
Pretty dull, punchless game. Will take the two points and run.

Perhaps we'll actually have reliable backup goaltending this year...

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
Gustavsson
Datsyuk
Zetterberg

Though I could just as well have voted Alfie instead of Z. Hopefully his goal opened up that gate for him so we can see more of that in the future; I have a feeling we're going to need it.

RedWingsNow*

Z got two assists today. But really. Check out those assists :)
I thought Z didn't much today, honestly.

RedWingzz

Everybody loves Raymond
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Goalie controversy in Detroit? :sarcasm:

In all seriousness, Monster playing like this is huge. Surely he is filled with confidence after these games, and now Babcock will also feel confident throwing him in here and there. My hat is off to him, again.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Not the best win.

I felt like CBJ had way too many good chances. Did they end up outshooting us too? Gus came up big and looked a lot better/more comfortable than last game where he was really swimming out there.

Looked way too much like a game last year. Wings get outplayed and they win/lose a low scoring game that Jimmy only lets in 2. Fortunately we won. Can't count on that happening too often. Wings need to score more goals.

Frozen Fiend

DOUBLE D
Oct 22, 2007
Kalamazoo
Looked bad the first period and so-so in the second and third. I'll take the win and be satisfied!

If I don't see Tatar and Nyquist on this ******* roster in the next ten games i'm going to write SOMEONE a mean and nasty letter.

RedWingsNow*

We are slow.
Cleary. Bertuzzi.

And seriously. Alfie is not fast.

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
We are slow.
Cleary. Bertuzzi.

And seriously. Alfie is not fast.

I turned to SJ/St. Louis a couple times and thought to myself dear god we look slower than hell compared to these two teams. I mean even Pav and Z don't look too fast. Getting Nyquist on that line would really amp up the pace I feel like.

And third line plays defense. Period. No established offense besides the 1st line.

skinneh

#FireHolland
Jul 17, 2009
Winnipeg
Looked bad the first period and so-so in the second and third. I'll take the win and be satisfied!

If I don't see Tatar and Nyquist on this ******* roster in the next ten games i'm going to write SOMEONE a mean and nasty letter.

I agree. We need some offense, some speed and some players that work hard. So tired of these "vets".. they tie nothing! Ab's needs to not be in the top 6. I don't hate him up there that much but there are better options.

I can dream can't i ?!

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Looked way too much like a game last year. Wings get outplayed and they win/lose a low scoring game that Jimmy only lets in 2. Fortunately we won. Can't count on that happening too often. Wings need to score more goals.

We did a much better job of shutting the game down last year and limiting the other team.

Goalie controversy in Detroit? :sarcasm:

In all seriousness, Monster playing like this is huge. Surely he is filled with confidence after these games, and now Babcock will also feel confident throwing him in here and there. My hat is off to him, again.

Just wait until we re-sign him for another two years and delay Mrazek's arrival :naughty:

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I'm encouraged by the last two games, while it's tough to count on the right guys in the lineup later in the season, if the Wings can play as solid defensively as they have been at certain times after inserting Nyquist and/or Tatar, I think we'll be fine in the long run.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Cleary was 9th in IT for forwards.

I guess that's kinda good. Or something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->