GDT: Wings vs vgk 7:30 pm et 2/7/19

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
You have to prorate those goals to today's NHL. Not 90's NHL when scoring 35-40 goals was good but not elite.

Using his adjusted stats Primeau still had a 28 goal and two 26 goal seasons in Detroit, a 66 point year, a 50 point year and a 73 point season, with solid physical play.

Youre going to complain about getting ~60 points, good defensive play and physicality from Rasmussen? You have your bar set too high if thats the case. Either that or you just used a bad example

He was a force tonight, could ahad 3 more points. Glad he got that cheesy assist at the end of the game because he deserved more points than he had. Best game as a wing for sure

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Using his adjusted stats Primeau still had a 28 goal and two 26 goal seasons in Detroit, a 66 point year, a 50 point year and a 73 point season, with solid physical play.

Youre going to complain about getting ~60 points, good defensive play and physicality from Rasmussen? You have your bar set too high if thats the case. Either that or you just used a bad example

He was a force tonight, could ahad 3 more points. Glad he got that cheesy assist at the end of the game because he deserved more points than he had. Best game as a wing for sure
Where did you get these adjusted stats?

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
What I liked about Rasmussen's play is that he wasn't just trying to capitalize on rebounds and deflections, but was also able to pass the puck and set up scoring chances for others from in front of the net.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
What I liked about Rasmussen's play is that he wasn't just trying to capitalize on rebounds and deflections, but was also able to pass the puck and set up scoring chances for others from in front of the net.
Shades of Tri-City. Popping off wrist shots and imposing his will/showing his soft hands in front of the net. This is his game, he got full contact on that pass over to Vanek and he knew where he was going with it.

Reactions: DetroitRed

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Rasmussen looked really good. Aside from his net front play, there was one dump in late in the game where he showed some speed on the forecheck that has me excited. That is what I saw in the preseason games and has been lacking in the real games so far. Hopefully he keeps that up.

On another note, it's been a few games now with Mantha playing the shooting spot on the powerplay like everyone has always wanted. I don't think (??) any goals have resulted from that setup yet. Maybe the coaches were right all along?

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Also I think Keating is actually more of the problem. I like it a lot better when Trevor or Shep is on the desk.
If William Shatner and Christopher Walken had a lovechild that went into broadcasting, it would be John Keating.

The Wings...have played...much better...of late...and they attribute...much...of...their...success...to...

Argh. His delivery is like ten miles of bad road.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

Larkin2AA

Apr 21, 2016
Rochester Hills, MI
On another note, it's been a few games now with Mantha playing the shooting spot on the powerplay like everyone has always wanted. I don't think (??) any goals have resulted from that setup yet. Maybe the coaches were right all along?
Mantha refuses to shoot the puck it seems when he probably has the best shot on the team. It makes no sense to me.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Rasmussen looked really good. Aside from his net front play, there was one dump in late in the game where he showed some speed on the forecheck that has me excited. That is what I saw in the preseason games and has been lacking in the real games so far. Hopefully he keeps that up.

One thing I noticed too is he actually was carrying the puck at times. He hasnt done that a lot this year. He'll chip it down low and work with it below the goal line but not through the neutral zone much or over the blue line. H had 7 shots on goal last night and a big part of that was being confident with carrying the puck into shooting positions.

It would be nice if he cold have a strong finish to the season, going into next year

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Good to hear Ras had a nice showing. I really think he can be a force when he gets a bit stronger and more comfortable with the pace of the league.

Oct 18, 2006
Thought that was AA’s best game in ages. So dangerous every shift. 12 shot attempts. Hopefully he can keep that up cause the goals will follow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->