GDT: Wings vs tb 7:30 pm et 3/14/19

Grimm

Jul 21, 2017
I really don't like Kucherov. The guy's celly you'd think he just scored a game 7 cup winner. Nah, just another insurance goal against a team they've beat 15 times in a row. Great player, he's a douchebag.

Reactions: NotLeddy and KJoe88

CaptainZetterberg40

Nov 2, 2014
Deployed by lots of good and high skill teams. The Hawks and Wings also loved area passes, it does require and awful lot of skill and hockey IQ. What impresses me most like the Hawks and Wings is that Tampa is generally in position covering those movements, all five guys on the ice are reading it and sliding accordingly. They are a fun bunch to watch.

I like how you mentioned covering those moments because it really sheds light to the difference between the wings and lightning on both sides of the ice. The lightning are tremendous in cycling between their assignments/coverages and combine that with hard work you get the best team in the league. Where as the wings to put it politely are extremely poor at reading plays, getting to their assignments before the puck arrives and cycling between their assignments on both ends of the ice. The lightning are a STRONG FUNDEMENTAL team and they deserve credit for that. In saying that though, a nice percentage of what the Wings lack are those that can be taught by one who is effective in teaching such fundamentals. The rest of what remains are the unique habits and physical attributes of our individual hockey players. That is why one dumb question I have always had is that I hear players and coaches say in response to getting better, "I just need to have a good summer" with the feeling of it being with regard to exercise. This will sound naive, but how much of that energy spent, is being a student of the game? I know you can't answer that question, but it's just what I wonder to myself sometimes.

Reactions: Sentinel

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I come in peace. Gang, you're on your way with the rebuild, that we can see. Good luck when you sign Stevie Y. and have fun watching him rebuild. I'd rather have you guys as a rivalry than Toronto any day.
Our series in 2015 was really fun. 2016 not so much for the competition but the chippy stuff. I hope we end up being good rivals down the road.

Reactions: DaBolts

Sparkzuk

Jan 13, 2016
I come in peace. Gang, you're on your way with the rebuild, that we can see. Good luck when you sign Stevie Y. and have fun watching him rebuild. I'd rather have you guys as a rivalry than Toronto any day.
Thanks. Rooting for TBL in the playoffs because they're so fun to watch. 07m8

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Seriously? No one cares about Tampa Bay. It will always be a secondary franchise in the NHL. This year's Red Wings will also never match some of the pathetic Lightning teams that have existed.
Umm what? They have already won a Stanley cup and could very well win another this year.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
I have never really had an issue with Tampa. I would rather see them win the cup even though they have abused the Wings the past half decade.

San Jose on the other hand? I hope their team gets contracted.

Reactions: TheMule93

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Seriously? No one cares about Tampa Bay. It will always be a secondary franchise in the NHL. This year's Red Wings will also never match some of the pathetic Lightning teams that have existed. Seems like this guy started watching hockey in 2010.
That's.... a really lame position.

You're going to totally ignore that we took 3 guys who aren't even in the NHL while passing up the league's leading scorer because Tampa is in a non-hockey market.

Imagine being that unable to do some introspection and self-criticism of your team that you use complete non-sequiturs to defend it.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
AA was concentrating on face-offs tonight, not scoring......53%

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Seriously? No one cares about Tampa Bay. It will always be a secondary franchise in the NHL. This year's Red Wings will also never match some of the pathetic Lightning teams that have existed. Seems like this guy started watching hockey in 2010.

Lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad